Commercial HVAC Technician
Ranger ONE-CALL is a division of Ranger Construction which has been in business in the Charlotte region for over 20 years. Ranger ONE-CALL consists of a team of trained technicians who’s main focus is to offer maintenance and repairs of every kind for commercial property owners, property managers and tenants.
Commercial HVAC Technician – 4+ years of experience is required.
The HVAC Service Technician is responsible for all assignments designated by HVAC Dispatch and the HVAC Team Lead as it relates to the work order assignments, scope completion, quotes and quality control, follow-up and team participation.
• Health, dental, vision and disability insurance
• Company vehicle to take home
• Paid vacations days
• End of year bonus plan
Predominant skill position:
Trouble Shooting, Repairs, PMs, Installations
• Troubleshoot, repair, inspect and maintain HVAC equipment and systems including, but not limited to: refrigerant controls, hermetic compressors, heat Pumps to 25-ton, split systems to 25- ton, packaged units to 25-ton, ductless splits, electric Motors (3-phase and 1-phase), electric motor controls (contractors, starters, relays, disconnect, thermostats, etc.), Light commercial furnaces, boilers, burners and related controls (oil and gas), various types of water pumps, intake and exhaust fans, unit heaters (hot water, steam and electric), economizers, humidifiers
• Understands basic refrigeration cycle to include: identifying components in refrigeration circuit, understanding how each component works, diagnosing problems in the refrigeration circuit, using manifold gauge set, pressure/temperature chart and temperature measuring devices for routine maintenance and to troubleshoot
• Understands refrigeration recovery, evacuation and charging
• Ability to read basic wiring diagrams
• Ability to use multi-meters to read voltage, current and resistance values
• Must be able to troubleshoot basic electrical circuits
• Must be able to read and understand mechanical drawings
• Understands basic heating cycle to include: Identifying components in heating system, understanding how each component works, diagnosing problems in the heating system using a gas pressure test and other devices for routine maintenance and to troubleshoot
• Review building plans and specifications to determine the layout for HVAC and related materials
• Identify required tools and special equipment and compile quotes for repairs and system installations
• Oversee installation of ductwork, gas piping, valves, meters etc.
• Oversee to completion each HVAC work order scope regarding effective procedures, quality control, safety and efficiency
• Complete each HVAC work order scope assigned regarding effective procedures, quality control, safety and efficiency and assure that: a. Scope and repair are completed correctly and in a timely manner. b. Work orders assigned are reported on promptly once completed with detailed resolution
• Remain open and available to after-hour and weekend calls when required
• Attend meetings with Ranger Supervisors, Service Teams and Ranger Construction in general when requested
• Must be able to see color to discern color-coded wiring
• Prolonged periods standing, kneeling, bending, and climbing ladders or scaffolding
• Must be physically capable of pulling wires and cables through conduits
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time