The Accounting Manager we need is an analytical, detail-oriented, and technically oriented professional who is fond of math and working on a team. If you’re a loyal team player who is willing to take direction, you’ve come to the right place. If you’re a high-urgency performer famous for checking things off the to-do list, then keep reading.
Our next Accounting Manager is a multi-tasker who can juggle a few accounting activities at once, like oversee general accounting functions, improve current processes, review and analyze financial statements and develop staff by managing performance and maintaining strong employee relationships.
American Forest Management, Inc. (AFM) is the largest forest consulting firm in the United States. AFM currently manages over 5.7 million acres of privately owned timberland and has sold over $3.2 billion in real estate transactions under AFM Real Estate, a subsidiary of AFM. With 300+ employees operating from 52 offices in 17 states, Panama and Costa Rica, AFM’s team of professionals is focused on meeting client needs by providing a complete range of forestry services. Our small, regionally dispersed offices provide individualized services, and our large overall size allows us to coordinate teams of foresters and technical specialists for large, complex jobs.
AFM’s team of professionals is focused on meeting client needs by providing a complete range of forestry services, including land and wildlife management, land sale and acquisition services, forest inventory and design, growth and yield modeling, cash flow projections, environmental services, appraisal, forest resource data management, and harvest scheduling.
We will train the right Accounting Manager to use various platforms, like Unanet, FPA, CT3, Sage, LRM, and LIMS. You’ll also learn a lot about the timber industry; since you’re a fast learner and attentive to detail, it will be easy for you. We look forward to reviewing your application, so apply now!
• Work/Life Balance, positive work culture
• Work hours: Full-time
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
Healthcare and Disability plan, 401K, paid holidays, paid vacation schedule, eligible for annual bonus plan
Position will be responsible for oversight of the client accounting team and multiple client’s accounting functions to include, but not limited to:
• Oversee and manage general accounting functions including, but not limited to accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, log accounting, cash management and taxes
• Assess current processes and procedures and make recommendations for improvements
• Prepare, review, and analyze financial statements to ensure accuracy and completeness
• Manage year-end audits and tax return preparation including 1099 processing
• Develop staff by managing performance, setting goals, providing ongoing training, and maintaining strong employee relationships
• Perform ad hoc analysis and projects as requested
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance or a combination of education and relevant work experience. CPA or MBA preferred
• 10 years of progressive accounting experience with a portion of it being in a supervisory role preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication abilities across all levels of an organization
• Strong leadership skills with a dedication to driving and achieving results
• Knowledge of employee relationship building and performance management techniques
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills. Experience with FPA, LIMS, InFocus, Yardi, and timber/delivered sales accounting is a plus but not required
• Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus but not required