Supervisor- Dog Walking Operations
Skiptown is on a mission to make the lives of pets and their people easier, and even more fun, through a tech-enabled, premium pet services ecosystem, and state-of-the-art facilities. Our 24,000 sq ft flagship location in South End offers dog daycare, boarding, grooming and a social bar – and will soon expand to include retail, veterinary, training and transportation services.
We are looking for a supervisor to build and develop our amazing team of Skippers that complete dog walks for our clients in Charlotte. This is an amazing opportunity for someone with at least 6 months of experience in a role supervising hourly employees.
Who you are:
You are organized and have excellent attention to detail. You are a skilled problem solver and love resolving logistical puzzles. You are good at communicating with staff and clients alike and you love dogs (obviously).
What you’ll do:
Team scheduling and resource management
• Prepare the team shift schedule and ensure that all shifts are filled
• Appointment Management: Run daily dog walking schedule and resolve scheduling issues throughout the day
• Resolve issues escalated by dog walkers during shift and escalate emergent issues to a manager
• Provide onsite support, filling in for open walks as needed to ensure highest level of service quality and safety
• Review and correct visit reports to ensure quality
• Communicate with clients regarding service and scheduling issues
• Conduct inventory, ensuring that dog walkers have all supplies needed to deliver service
• Cultivate a high performing, engaged team
What you’ll bring:
• At least 6 months of experience in a role supervising hourly workers
• Comfort working with and around dogs
• Experience with routing or complicated scheduling is a plus
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
• Strong attention to detail and organization skills
• Availability to work a set schedule of Monday – Friday 8 am – 5 pm
• Mac OS proficiency
• This role is based in Charlotte, NC
• Skipper offers a competitive compensation package, including medical, dental, and vision benefits.
• Free employee membership to the bar & park for your eligible dog(s)
• 30% off of eligible Skiptown services
• Employer contribution for Medical, Dental and Vision benefits (Vision is free – because we want you to see all those cute puppy faces!)
• Dogs at work…every single day
• Paid Time Off
• DoorDash DashPass Work Perks!
• Purple swag. Lots of purple. We’re serious. You should really like purple.
• Lift up to 50 lbs.
• Prolonged sitting, standing, and walking
• One-on-one interactions with dogs
• Bend, twist, stretch, and reach
• Use of company laptop
• Hand and wrist movement