Creative Designer, Product Developer and Sales Support
A lifelong artist, Anne Neilson began painting with oils in 2003 and quickly became nationally known for her ethereal Angel Series, which are inspiring reflections of her faith.
Neilson has published several books, including three coffee table books, Angels In Our Midst, Strokes of Compassion, and Angels: The Collector’s Edition. Her latest books, published through Thomas Nelson, include Anne Neilson’s Angels: Devotions and Art to Encourage, Refresh and Inspire, Entertaining Angels: True Stories and Art Inspired by Divine Encounters and The Brushstrokes of Life: Discovering How God Brings Beauty and Purpose to Your Story.
Because of the high demand for her original oils, Anne Neilson Home launched in 2013, which is a collection of luxury home products complementing the Angel Series and providing one-of-a-kind beauty and quality.
Anne Neilson Home is looking for a creative Creative Designer | Product Developer | Sales Support, to join our growing marketing team. This is an exciting opportunity to help us build our brand, as well as support various marketing initiatives and client campaigns. You’ll be working at our Anne Neilson Home Headquarters located at 2965 Interstate Street [Close to the Charlotte Douglas Airport].
We see graphic | creative design as visual storytelling that engages, informs, and inspires through all our products. We’re looking for a talented designer who can take concepts and ideas and create visual representations, in products, print and electronic media. The ideal candidate will have expert knowledge of current design software and be skilled in every step of the design process, from concept to final deliverable. Collaborating with our team, the designer should be able to take written or spoken ideas and convert them into a design that connects. The successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of branding and marketing, and be able to find the right style and layout for every project.
• Work on a wide range of projects and media, using various software programs to visualize and develop innovative graphic designs that meet business goals
• Obtain input from managers to ensure that designs meet organizational standards and brand expectations, express ideas accurately, and represent the company or client appropriately
• Work independently as well as cooperatively with marketing team to meet deadlines, stay within budget, and schedule project implementation based on workload, which may include five or more simultaneous projects
• Examine existing processes, identify flaws, and create solutions that improve design capabilities
• Update and maintain internal databases for designs, photography, and video [both for website and social media]
• Collaborate, brainstorm, and strategize with multiple teams or clients on a wide range of materials that may include web pages, presentations, programming collateral, signage, internal communications, newsletters, and marketing materials
• Translate strategic direction into high-quality design within an established brand identity
• Develop concepts by hand or with software, and execute original content by determining the ideal usage of color, text, font style, imagery, and layout
• Manage the design and uploading process for all project materials, based on best practices for using a content management system
• Use trend intelligence and knowledge of historical and current markets when designing and executing specific classifications
• Attend Gift Markets [Dallas, TX and Atlanta, GA] two times a year and support Sales Managers
• Support Home Office
Skills and qualifications:
• Exceptional creativity and innovative design skills
• Experience (academic and professional) with design software, including Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Dreamweaver
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Organizational and time-management skills for meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Desire to continue building skill set with education and training
• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in graphic design, art, or related discipline
• Photography experience and proficiency with photo-editing software