Sr. Software Engineer
MedShift is a uniquely positioned medical technology company, serving as a valuable supply chain solution linking providers and manufacturers in the fragmented, rapidly changing aesthetics industry. MedShift offers unparalleled value to aesthetic-focused surgeons and practitioners by bundling leading medical devices with its proprietary technology, services, and access to discounted consumables. For manufacturers, MedShift is a large device customer, serving as an access point to fragmented end markets while accelerating sales velocity, as well as a provider of proprietary enterprise software and technology solutions.
For more information on our technology stack and products, please visit https://medshift.engineering.
We are the team responsible for all of MedShift’s software products, including our payment facilitation services, customer interface platforms, and IoT cloud infrastructure. We are a tight-knit group that values speed, agility, hunger, humility, and having fun.
• Python (Django) for REST APIs
• PostgreSQL for relational databases
• C++ for embedded firmware
• Redis for message brokering
• Kafka for data streaming
• GitHub for SCM
• Slack for team comms
• Heroku + GCP for compute/hosting
• Develop and maintain modern Vue.js single-page applications
• Develop resilient frontend integrations for our internally-developed REST APIs
• Monitor and debug issues that may arise in deployment environments
• Understand and translate stakeholder requirements into rich user interfaces
• Work collaboratively with the other members of our software engineering team to deliver quality software applications to stakeholders
• Continually strive to uphold and improve standards of code quality across our codebases
Qualifications and requirements:
• At least one open source project you can showcase on GitHub (can be anything!)
• 4+ years developing and maintaining single-page JS applications, some of which use Vue.js
• Experience leading and managing small groups of engineers to deliver new features
• Undergraduate degree in Computer Science (or similar), or equivalent industry experience or OSS experience
• Experience using Git for source control and working with remotes (e.g.GitHub)
• Some knowledge of back-end technologies (we work primarily with Python)
• Demonstrated experience collaborating with engineers and stakeholders, meeting short-term goals, and creating long-term partnerships
• Engagement in external and internal experiences around aligning overarching business objectives with technical roadmap planning and execution
• Healthy, demonstrated communication abilities that galvanize team direction, actions, and day-to-day operations
• Open source work, ideally on GitHub
• Experience with Python web frameworks (e.g. Django)
• Experience working with cloud hosting platforms (e.g. Heroku, Google Cloud Platform, etc.)
• Experience with front-end testing
• Understanding of CI/CD tools such as GitHub Actions
• Experience working with bundlers (e.g. Webpack) directly
• Familiarity with Bootstrap and Tailwind
Additional eligibility qualifications:
MedShift will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen and background check (as applicable).
Recently named as ‘Best Places to Work’ by Charlotte Business Journal, MedShift offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive benefits and compensation. MedShift is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.