Primark will debut at Concord Mills Mall this week.
The Ireland-based retailer will open its doors on Thursday, Nov. 16, at 11am.
Why it matters: Primark has stores all over Europe, but only a handful in the U.S. This will be the brand’s first location in North Carolina and the 24th store in the U.S.
What to expect: Primark is known for being trendy but affordable. It sells a range of products — from clothing to beauty products to home decor.
- The Concord Mills store is over 30,000 square feet and split into sections that include beauty, adults’ and kids’ apparel, home, holiday gifts, accessories (like luggage and handbags) and shoes, plus trend collections with singer Rita Ora and Love Island winner Kem Cetinay.
Details: The exact address is 8241 Concord Mills Blvd., near Off Broadway shoes.
- It’ll be open Monday-Saturday 10am-9pm (with the exception of Thursday’s 11am grand opening) and Sunday 11am-7pm.
- There’s an exterior and interior entrance, but you’ll only be able to enter through the inside on opening day.
Context: Primark originated in Dublin in 1969 and now has over 400 stores in 14 countries. The first U.S. store opened in Boston in 2015.
- It’s part of the company’s expansion plan to bring 60 stores to the U.S. over the next five years.
Take a look around:
Zoom out: Primark joins three other recently-opened stores at the mall including:
- Gilly Hicks, part of the Hollister brand, is now open across from the Nike store near entrance two.
- Cotton On is now open near entrance six across from Foot Locker.
- The North Face is now open across from the dining pavilion near entrance two.
Editor’s note: This story was originally published on May 9, 2023 and was updated on November 14, 2023 to reflect Primark’s opening date in Concord Mills.