Program Manager, Summer Immersion Program
The Wake Forest University Pre-College Programs Department is committed to delivering inspiring and impactful educational experiences for students in high school that will complement their academics to help them learn and grow. The ideal candidate will have a great attitude and driven personality to integrate with our team to assist in the leadership, development, and growth of the Summer Immersion Program. Under the general direction of the Director of the Summer Immersion Program, the Summer Immersion Program Manager will play an integral role in recruitment, marketing, logistics, and overall program operations of the Summer Immersion Program and support Pre-College Programs as needed.
• Serves as the first point of contact for prospective students parents, educators and community partners via phone, email and in-person communication
• Works collaboratively with the Program Director of the Summer Immersion Program to create and implement successful programming and operation of the Summer Immersion Program
• Responsible for assisting with grant writing and fundraising initiatives for all Pre-College Programs
• Shared accountability in meeting all program enrollment and student experience targets and goals for the Summer Immersion Program and the Online Immersion Program in partnership with Kaplan University Partners
• Works alongside the Program Director to meet with Academic Leaders to plan guest presenters, field trips, labs, and hands-on activities. Schedules co-curricular and extra-curricular/evening and weekend activities as needed
• Research market trends and implement best practices related to high school programming
• Assists with the planning and growth of the Summer Immersion and Online Immersion Program
• Creates administrative materials such as rosters, name tags/tents, certificates of completion, handouts, etc. for Pre-College Program operation
• Maintains organization for all Pre-College Programs documents, spreadsheets and required student information/ forms
• Ensures quality programming and student satisfaction for the Summer Immersion and Online Immersion Program
• Required to live on-campus in the residence hall at Wake Forest University during the months of June and July to support the Summer Immersion program
• Support Pre-College Programs initiatives and events which include evenings and weekends as needed
• Ability to quickly master new computer applications (CRM – Slate); strong, accurate data entry skills; attention to detail
• Assist with program logistics and operations for all Pre-College Programs (i.e., schedules transportation, catering, and room reservations)
• Collaborate and implement a successful recruitment and marketing plan to meet the desired yearly goal of enrolled students for the Summer Immersion Program
• Serves as the liaison with the various departments on campus; develops a strong collaborative partnership reporting back to the Summer Immersion Director
• Assists with the daily operations of the Summer Immersion Program on-campus in Winston-Salem and Charlotte throughout the summer
• Assists in the enrollment management application review process for the Summer Immersion Program. Manages application components to ensure files are complete for review
• Utilizes CRM database and technology products to manage applications, process application components, and issue admissions decisions alongside the Summe Immersion Director in a timely manner
• Maintains database(s) and system(s) for record-keeping, communication, tracking activities, and related statistical information. Prepares reports via Slate, excel, etc. as needed
• Assists with the Student Caller Campaign for the Summer Immersion Program as well as student workers
• Leads recruitment efforts such as Webinars, College Fairs and various recruitment events and initiatives as needed
• Serves as a point of contact for prospective students, parents, teachers and guidance counselor’s in-person as well as phone, and email in a timely, professional manner
• Collaborates with team on email creation, website updates, social media and all marketing and recruitment materials and initiatives
• Delivers enthusiastic and educational presentations to individuals, and groups at high schools and all recruitment events
• Responsible for creating and distributing students’ surveys to all program participants, compiling results and reporting to the appropriate members of the leadership team
• Responsible for collaborating with the Summer Immersion Director in creating the annual End of Year Report outlining, effectiveness, program achievements and demographics/ statistics of the population served
• Assist with the College LAUNCH Program in Winston-Salem and Charlotte (September – May) one Saturday per month on campus
• Provides support as needed for all Pre-College Programs
• Ability to travel domestically as needed. Required to work evening and on weekends as needed
• Create and maintain updated spreadsheets and databases for varied Pre-College
• Program operations (school, donor, grant, activity databases)
• Assist with research and special projects, as needed
• Develop PowerPoint presentations, as needed
• Ability to gather and analyze information skillfully
• Provide consistent and quality communication via email and phone with students, parents, school staff, and community partners from time of interest through completion of the program
Education, knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree plus two to five years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree preferred
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Commitment to customer service and the ability to maintain confidentiality essential
• Comfortable in a highly automated environment and working out of multiple. databases; demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, the Internet, and online software
• Strong organizational skills: ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously and take initiative to suggest new opportunities and processes
• Demonstrated problem solver
• Detail-oriented and team player
• Ability to work autonomously, as well as in a cooperative and collaborative manner
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information
• Ability to work one Saturday per month for the College LAUNCH program
• Experience in program coordination or education administrative support
Responsible for own work
Additional job description:
Wake Forest University requires proof of full vaccination with an FDA approved or authorized COVID-19 vaccine for all positions posted on or after September 13, 2021. Wake Forest University requires that you provide satisfactory proof of full vaccination status to Human Resources within three days of your hire date. You must also maintain full COVID-19 vaccination status, as classified by the CDC, during your employment at Wake Forest University.
Consistent with federal, state and local law, Wake Forest University will consider accommodations for disability- and religious-based reasons unless providing an accommodation would result in an undue hardship to the University.
If you seek an accommodation from the vaccination requirement for disability- or religious-based reasons, you should contact Human Resources.
New employees who are hired into positions posted prior to September 13, 2021, offers of employment made to new employees prior to that date, and employees for positions at Graylyn Conference Center are generally exempt from the vaccination requirement unless the employee’s position is otherwise subject to a vaccination requirement due to the essential components of the position as described in Policy.
Time type requirement:
Note to applicant:
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce while promoting an inclusive work environment committed to excellence in the spirit of Pro Humanitate. In adherence with applicable laws and as provided by University policies, the University prohibits discrimination in its employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, disability and veteran status and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.