Director of Revenue, GSO
The Greensboro Swarm is the NBA G League team owned and operated by Hornets Sports & Entertainment (HSE). The Greensboro Swarm are seeking a Director of Revenue who is eager to lead, develop and craft innovative sales strategies to join their team!
The Director of Revenue serves as a vital role on the Greensboro leadership team as a high revenue generator focused on creating innovative solutions for next-generation partners that are customized, integrated and flexible. You will provide revenue growth strategies focused on corporate partnership season tickets, group sales, partial plans and individual game ticket sales.
You will oversee the day-to-day management of the Partnership and Ticket Sales & Services teams by leading, training, coaching and developing team members.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Drive revenue through the creation of solutions-based, customized, innovative partnerships, across GSO
• Responsible for developing and driving your own book of business in tickets and corporate sales
• Day-to-day management of the Revenue team including coaching, monitoring of projects, mid and end year performance reviews, and the accurate logging of updates in CRM
• Exhibit a solution-based approach that maximizes the value proposition and create compelling, innovative ticket programs and assets targeted toward specific marketing objectives
• Establish and manage sales targets and revenue goals across a diverse number of products, including compensation plans
• Day-to-day management of all internal and external sales reporting (weekly sales goals, updates, league reporting to include TPRR, advance league reporting and others)
• Build relationships with prospects’ gatekeepers and key company decision-makers, as well as internally with each GSO group
• Utilize CRM system to track all activity related to partners including deal points, financials, client profiles and client interactions
• Lead design and creation of key department process documents that could include the following: partner playbooks, mid-season updates, end of season recaps, expense reports, budgets, contracts, NBA Partnerships report and other league reports
• Develop sales plans (e.g., structure of ticket packages, pricing, and flexibility), and tailor to market’s needs
• Create and nurture relationships with clients and prospects through various means, including networking events, seat visits at games, etc.
• Develop long-term renewal strategy for all season ticket holders
• Ability to work closely with internal leaders in driving all revenue streams, especially the marketing department
• Practice and teach excellence in both sales skills/process and customer relationship building practices
• Assist with the budgeting and forecasting process
• Other duties as assigned by Manager
Required skills, experience and abilities:
To perform the job successfully, you should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Higher education degree in Sports Management, Business Administration, Marketing or related field from an accredited college or university
• Minimum of three (3) years of professional sales experience, preferably in the sports industry with an emphasis on corporate partnerships
• Corporate partnerships, digital, entertainment and media sales, or premium seat sales experience preferred
• Possess regional contact list while focusing on growing partnership base in the Greensboro area preferred
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Teams, Excel), and Kore/Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Digideck presentation platform experience preferred
• Ability to develop customized, fully integrated partnership proposals
• Professional and persuasive presentation skills
• Proven record of selling and fostering sizable and customized partnerships through a thoughtful, solutions-based approach
• Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays for games and events, as needed, and occasional travel is required
• Ability to organize work efficiently, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities
• Tactful in communication; can handle sensitive and confidential information
• Excellent leadership abilities, including enthusiastic thinking and collaboration to drive the optimal business decisions
• Ability to network and build relationships
• Willingness and ability to provide proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination required. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered
Hornets Sports & Entertainment is dedicated to creating and upholding a welcoming environment that celebrates diversity. HSE provides valuable benefits and competitive time off policies to help you and your family lead healthy, balanced lives.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.