Communications and Administrative Coordinator
Davidson College is a highly selective liberal arts college located 20 minutes north of Charlotte in Davidson, N.C. Since its establishment in 1837, the college has graduated 23 Rhodes Scholars and is consistently regarded as one of the top liberal arts colleges in the country.
The Communications and Administrative Coordinator contributes to meeting dollar and participation goals for The Fund for Davidson by providing direct support to annual giving staff, donors, and volunteers. This position manages the execution of all Fund for Davidson mailed appeals and email marketing. In addition, this position manages ongoing administrative duties, reporting, and budgeting.
• Email and Direct Mail (45%): Using college software platforms, this position is the main point of contact for creating and sending email communications for the office, including email solicitations, newsletters, and other constituent communications. Coordinate with College Communications, Central Services, and mailing house vendors to address printing and mailing needs
• General Administrative (25%): Provide direct support to annual giving staff, other college relations departments, alums, and volunteers by generating reports and statistical data, processing gift transactions (including recurring gift management), and answering questions via email and phone about giving history, policies, and procedures. Generate gift acknowledgment letters, including various giving society communications. Assist in maintaining the departmental budget, handling invoices, and requisitions for reimbursement and credit card allocations. This position also maintains stationery and mailer inventory, handles office supply requisitions, and manages the campus space reservation software
• Data Management (20%): Using college databases and various reporting tools, generate daily, weekly, and monthly reports for the Annual Giving office. Maintain current reports and help address any new reporting needs for the office. Maintain strong working partnerships with the Advancement Operations team
• Volunteer Management (5%): Manage relationships with a decade of high-impact, volunteer class ambassadors to help them advance the college’s mission through class affinity and philanthropy. Encourage class ambassadors to make connections with Davidson classmates, act as liaisons between the college and the class, nurture relationships, inspire philanthropic participation, and connect individual passions with Davidson’s funding needs
• Manage Work Study (5%): Hire, manage, schedule the work-study student assistant, and work with the Annual Giving staff to assign projects
Occasional evening, holiday or weekend work is required during end of tax year (last week of December), #AllinforDavidson (typically one day April), and end of fiscal year (last week of June).
• High School/GED (Associate degree or higher preferred)
• Minimum of three years of work experience with demonstrated advanced computer skills, administrative, and/or customer service-related experience
• Working knowledge of MS Outlook and cloud-based file storage systems Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
• Experience with HTML or willingness to learn
• High degree of comfort with information technology and learning new software
• Experience with and commitment to providing excellent customer service especially with persons from diverse generational, religious, racial, ethnic, sexual orientation, gender identity, ability, and cultural backgrounds
• Volunteer, donor &/or stakeholder management experience
To apply for this position please visit the Davidson website and search for position number 494457.
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins.