One of the best parts of any golf tournament is the food.
State of play: The Wells Fargo Championship features a small business market this year with a few familiar faces from Charlotte’s food scene. All of the vendors are either from Charlotte, Matthews or Rock Hill.
- The Wells Fargo Championship runs through Sunday at Quail Hollow Club (3700 Gleneagles Road).
Details: The small business market is open from 7am-6pm serving breakfast, lunch and drinks. You’ll find the market near the entrance next to the merchandise tent.
Here are the five Charlotte-area food and beverage vendors you can expect, and what to order at each:
Drinks and cookies at The Vintage Goat
This petite beverage truck serves wine, beer, Arnold Palmer and Prosecco.
- Prices range from $3.99 for a bottle of water to $11.99 for a margarita.
- Cookies start at $5.50.
- The Vintage Goat merch starts at $6.
Gelato and other sweet treats from Manolo’s Latin Bakery
This East Charlotte bakery is a Charlotte favorite.
- Cake pops are $3 each.
- Baked goods, like donuts, cronuts and churros are $4.
- Desserts, like tiramisu, tres leches cakes and Chilean cake, are $7 each.
- Gelato starts at $5 for a small cup. Cones start at $7 for one scoop.
Tacos from El Toro Bruto
El Toro Bruto was a pop-up that was so popular it now has a permanent spot inside of Resident Culture South End.
- Expect snacks, breakfast and lunch options ranging from $4.99 to $17.99.
Gourmet nuts from Bear Food
Bear Food is based in Matthews.
- Most of their nuts are $13.95, but pecans are $19.95 and their Bear mix, which is sweet and savory, is $17.95.
- Bear Food donates a portion of proceeds from every sale to Rainbow Express Ministries, which supports young adults with disabilities.
Coffee from Knowledge Perk
This South-Carolina based coffee company has locations in nearby McAdenville and across South Carolina.
- A 12oz. cup of coffee costs $4.99 and $6.99 for a 16 oz. cold brew.
- They’re also selling bags of coffee grounds for you to take home. A bag of the “Birdie Blend – Wells Fargo Championship Roast” costs $19.99.
- If you need a little something extra in your coffee, they have an Irish coffee with Bushmills whiskey ($12.99) and a cold brew pink Russian with Tito’s.
Zoom out: The small business market offers more than food and drinks. You can shop local apparel brands as well.