We are seeking an attorney, with 3-5 years of experience for our home office in Charlotte, NC who is interested in all aspects of business law, that will report to our remote General Counsel and interface with our remote paralegal. We are interested in the intellectually curious individual with a willingness to be hands on. We are the franchisor of a chain of Regenerative Medical Clinics and in this role, you will be mentored in franchise law and will help with medical regulatory compliance. The attorney position will also include online legal research, employment law, insurance, health care regulations, corporate governance, commercial real estate leasing, trademarks, contract drafting and review, arbitration and franchise relations.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Conducting research
• Communicating with employees to provide corporate legal advice
• Making strategies to solve cases cost-effectively and favorably
• Examining legal data, laws, and evidence
• Drafting, reviewing, and revising legal documents
• Examining settlement agreements and negotiating terms
• Insurance tracking
• Collecting pieces of evidence
• Preparing legal documents such as contracts, accurately and promptly
• Staying informed about the latest legislation, particularly regarding legal specialties
• Solving legal issues ethically
Required skills and abilities:
• Superior verbal and written communication skills
• Thorough understanding of electronic legal research
• Thorough understanding of contract law
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
• Strong, analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
• Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
Education and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Juris doctor or equivalent from an accredited law school required
• Active license to practice law and membership in a state Bar Association
• 3-5 years of legal experience as an attorney
• Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Please provide salary requirements when applying.