Skiptown is on a mission to make the lives of pets and their people easier, and even more fun, through a tech-enabled, premium pet services ecosystem, and state-of-the-art facilities. Our 24,000 sq ft flagship location in South End offers dog daycare, boarding, grooming and a social bar – and will soon expand to include retail, veterinary, training and transportation services.
We are looking for a Talent Manager to build and develop our amazing team of Skippers at our Skiptown Charlotte location. This is an amazing opportunity for a recent grad or someone with at least a year of experience filling hourly roles.
Who you are:
You love people and dogs. You are skilled at identifying top talent and providing a great candidate experience. You have a knack for making new team members feel welcome and enjoy showing them the ropes.
What you’ll do:
• Guide Skiptown candidates through the recruiting process
• Review resumes for key requirements
• Conduct in-person and phone interviews
• With Skiptown managers, make hiring decisions
• Extend offers
• Coordinate the completion of onboarding paperwork and pre-hire tasks
• Welcome new hires to Skiptown by facilitating onboarding:
• Deliver welcome presentation
• Ensure all necessary paperwork is complete and documents received
• Outfit all new hires with department uniform and supplies
• Facilitate department classroom training
• Coordinate on the job shadowing sessions
• Track training completion and ensure all requirements are met prior to first solo shift
• Organize new hire documents and paperwork and ensure all requirements are met
• Stay up to date on location hiring needs and track recruiting metrics
• Partner with location managers to ensure all staffing needs are met and candidates hired meet standards set
What you’ll bring:
• Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field OR
• 1+ years of experience in recruiting for hourly roles
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Comfort delivering training in group settings
• Strong attention to detail and organization skills
• Availability to work a set schedule of Monday – Friday 8 am – 5 pm; occasional evening and weekend training facilitation as needed
• Mac OS proficiency
• This role is based in Charlotte, NC
• Skipper offers a competitive compensation package, including medical, dental, and vision benefits.
• Free employee membership to the bar & park for your eligible dog(s)
• 30% off of eligible Skiptown services
• Employer contribution for Medical, Dental and Vision benefits (Vision is free – because we want you to see all those cute puppy faces!)
• Dogs at work…every single day
• Paid Time Off
• DoorDash DashPass Work Perks!
• Purple swag. Lots of purple. We’re serious. You should really like purple.
• Lift up to 50 lbs.
• Prolonged sitting, standing, and walking
• One-on-one interactions with dogs
• Bend, twist, stretch, and reach
• Use of company laptop
• Hand and wrist movement