Senior Property Accountant
Since our beginning in 1994, New South Properties has been a leader in the commercial real estate industry. We are a full service real estate firm based in Charlotte and covering the Carolinas.
With a group of dedicated and experienced professionals we provide our clients with local expert knowledge allowing them to make the best real estate decisions for their business. We pride ourselves in building lasting relationships and for the past 28 years these principles have guided us to help our clients successfully achieve their goals.
New South Properties is currently seeking a Senior Property Accountant to join our accounting team. This full-time, in office, position will oversee the accounting and reporting function for a portfolio of commercial properties on cash and accrual basis according to GAAP accounting. The role requires a motivated team player who can multi-task and prioritize, along with strong general ledger accounting knowledge and problem-solving skills.
• Must have at least 7+ years experience in the commercial real estate industry
• Proficient in the use of Yardi Voyager 7S, Quickbooks and Excel
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance or commensurate experience
• General Ledger, balance sheet and income statement account reconciliation and analysis and preparing monthly financial reports for owners, investors and asset managers
• Prepares and posts monthly accruals where required
• Monitor multiple banks daily for tenant and loan activity
• Process bank deposits daily via remote scanners and post receivables to tenant and property accounts
• Monitor cash and ensure that critical debt payments and payables are made in a timely fashion
• Work closely with Property Managers to ensure consistency and accuracy in reporting
• May be responsible for calculating distributions to owners/investors/asset managers, processing Property Management Fees, Late Fees, Payables, Billing and Bank Reconciliations