Senior Content Creator
Gardner-Webb University is North Carolina’s recognized leader in private, Christian higher education. A Carnegie-Classified Doctoral/Professional University, GWU is home to nine colleges and schools, more than 80 undergraduate and graduate majors, and a world-class faculty. Located on a beautiful 225-acre campus in Boiling Springs, N.C., Gardner-Webb prepares graduates to impact their chosen professions, equips them with the skills to advance the frontiers of knowledge, and inspires them to make a positive and lasting difference in the lives of others.
Gardner-Webb University seeks a Senior Content Creator/Videographer. The Senior Videographer leads a small team of content professionals that support University Marketing And Communications through production of high quality video production. The Senior Content Creator will shoot and edit material as well as leading their team and taking various video or photography projects from start to finish They will be responsible for conceiving compelling short and medium form content for broadcast, web, social and other digital platforms. This is a full time position with benefits, weekend and evening work will occasionally be required.
• Lead the Content team and manage assignments, schedules, and deadlines
• Independently produce, shoot, and edit high-quality video content for all University digital platforms
• Maintains a brisk work schedule and keeps fresh content in production at all times
• Proficiently work with a variety of professional camera technologies and industry-standard software to shoot and edit photo and video tactics that directly support University Marketing and Communications
• Contribute original ideas and short-form storytelling techniques to influence how we communicate to the University’s growing audiences
• Work closely with Marketing, Creative Services, and Social Media teams on video and photography tactics and campaigns
• Work with campus clients and partners to support campus-wide communications initiatives
• Proven video shooting and editing, graphics, and animated content creation experience
• Detail-oriented and capable of producing a highly polished final product
• Highly proficient in a variety of video editing software with some experience in other (Adobe) creative suite programs
• Familiar with producing for social media channels and other video-based platforms
• Proficient in motion animations and incorporating graphics and text into video edits
• Capable of bridging marketing strategies with creative strategies using video
• Excellent communication skills and ability to effortlessly collaborate with others, both internally and externally
• Capable of managing projects from start to finish, overseeing project timelines and deadlines, and handling client communications related to video projects
• Ability to regularly stand, sit, walk, use hands to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear
• Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
• Vision abilities including close vision and the ability to adjust focus
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. The successful candidate must have a strong commitment to the mission of Gardner-Webb University. Candidates should complete the application using the link provided and include a letter of interest and resume/CV and reel or production samples with their application submission. Questions regarding the position can be directed to Richard McDevitt at [email protected].
Gardner-Webb University maintains a policy of non-discrimination. No aspect of employment will be influenced by race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, veteran status, genetic information, age, or any other basis prohibited by statute.
Gardner-Webb University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of diversity within its faculty, staff, and students.