Gardner-Webb University is North Carolina’s recognized leader in private, Christian higher education. A Carnegie-Classified Doctoral/Professional University, GWU is home to nine colleges and schools, more than 80 undergraduate and graduate majors, and a world-class faculty. Located on a beautiful 225-acre campus in Boiling Springs, N.C., Gardner-Webb prepares graduates to impact their chosen professions, equips them with the skills to advance the frontiers of knowledge, and inspires them to make a positive and lasting difference in the lives of others.
Gardner-Webb University seeks a skilled content creator/videographer. The Content Creator is a highly creative, motivated individual capable of taking a video project from start to finish. They will be responsible for conceiving compelling short and medium-form content for broadcast, web, social, and other digital platforms. This is a full-time position with benefits, weekend and evening work required.
• Independently shoot and produce high quality still and video content for all University digital platforms
• Works at a brisk pace to keep fresh content in production
• Proficiently work with a variety of professional camera technologies and industry standard software to shoot and edit photo and video tactics that directly support University Marketing and Communications
• Contribute original ideas and short-form storytelling techniques to influence how we communicate to the University’s growing audiences
• Work closely with Marketing, Creative Services and Social Media teams on video and photography tactics and campaigns
• Work with campus clients and partners to support campus wide communications initiatives
• Proven video shooting and editing experience
• Detail-oriented and capable of producing a highly polished final product
• Highly proficient in a variety of video editing software with some experience in other (Adobe) creative suite programs
• Familiar with producing for social media channels and other video-based digital platforms
• Capable of bridging marketing strategies with creative strategies using video
• Excellent communication skills and ability to effortlessly collaborate with others, both internally and externally
• Capable of receiving creative direction and handling criticism related to work
• Ability to regularly stand, sit, walk, use hands to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear
• Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
• Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. The successful candidate must have a strong commitment to the mission of Gardner-Webb University. Candidates should complete the application using the link below and include a letter of interest and resume/CV and reel or production samples with their application submission. Questions regarding the position can be directed to Richard McDevitt at [email protected].
Gardner-Webb University maintains a policy of non-discrimination. No aspect of employment will be influenced by race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, veteran status, genetic information, age, or any other basis prohibited by statute.
Gardner-Webb University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of diversity within its faculty, staff, and students.