Founded in 1961, EGGER GROUP is a more than $3 billion privately-held, family-owned company comprised of more than 10,000 associates. With 19 production plants worldwide, and the 20th plant that recently started production in Lexington, N.C., EGGER is a global leader in the manufacturing of wood-based materials for the furniture and interior design, flooring and building products industries. The company’s extensive and value-added product range, including raw particleboard, laminates, Thermally Fused Laminate (TFL), edge banding and laminate flooring can be found in countless private and public spaces worldwide.
Reporting directly to the Mechanical Supervisor, the Mechanical Engineer will supervise teams while coordinating with Operations, Engineering, Safety and Purchasing Departments to ensure safe and efficient production. The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for developing and managing the maintenance and reliability of systems, as well as supporting the objectives of the facility to achieve business goals. This will be in conjunction to developing, administering and maintaining plant mechanical systems to provide efficient, effective projects and maintenance services throughout the plant.
• Supervise and maintain records of all Mechanical work carried out within their area of responsibility
• Create and implement strategic directions for reliability and maintenance of plant
• Train and oversee employees, inspect work, assign tasks, drive vehicles, and take disciplinary actions when needed and Supervisor is unavailable
• Create, implement and monitor work processes to achieve business objectives in terms of Operating Asset Utilization
• Maintain Critical Spare parts list and designated inventory
• Determine the need for outside resources
• Provide out-of-hours support as required
• On-call duty within the Mechanical on-call plan
• Respond to mill breakdowns in a timely and effective manner and work closely with different area operators to resolve maintenance related issues
• Investigate root causes of equipment failures and make recommendations for long term fixes.
• Help develop PMs
• 5+ years of experience in an industrial environment e.g., wood processing facility, TFL (short cycle presses)
• 8+ years of maintenance/reliability experience in an industrial environment
• Experience implementing best maintenance practices & excellent operations
• Proven ability to read blueprints, CAD drawings, sketches, written instructions and interpret data
• Metric system proficiency
• Ability to work independently and within a team
• Excellent benefits package including comprehensive health insurance, dental and vision insurance
• 401K retirement plan with company match
• Paid time off and paid holidays