Assistant Swim Coach
The Assistant Swim Coach is responsible for helping to lead all coaching efforts of the Charlotte Country Club swim team and providing a fun and inclusive environment for our swim team families. Swimmers range from 4 years to 18 years of age, and the team is typically 120-200 swimmers each summer season. The position is seasonal, with some pre-season preparation work. Responsibilities include age-group coaching duties with emphasis on safety, proper skill development, team member development, seasonal planning, daily workouts, organizing meet information, and more. The schedule will be Monday-Friday practice from 4:30 pm-6:45 pm, and swim meets on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:00 pm-10:00 pm (approx.).
• Build meaningful relationships with fellow swim coaches, swim team committee members, parents, and swimmers to create a collaborative swim team environment
• Enforce team rules and policies, as well as pool rules and regulations
• Ensure the safety of swim team members, performing lifesaving and/or first aid procedures when necessary
• Maintain routine records related to swimming accidents, incidents, and assigned activities
• Conduct swim team workouts and provide instruction to swim team members; enhance the swimming skills and development of all team members; ensure team member adherence to and understanding of safe training, competitive and swimming practices
• Give swimmers knowledge to understand and master strokes and provide corrective feedback that will enhance swimmers’ techniques
• Maintain structure and discipline within a group setting, while encouraging and promoting student participation in a positive manner
• Conduct self in a professional friendly, helpful, courteous, and diplomatic manner
• Help to run and set up swim meets
• Perform various clerical duties in support of the swim team such as responding to parents’ and swimmers’ questions and memos, creating workouts, taking attendance and assist in submission of meet entries when needed
• Maintain swimming area in a safe, clean, and orderly condition
• Assist and support all team-related activities
Qualifications and requirements:
• At least 4 years of competitive swimming experience at US Swimming, high school or college level
• Must be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing with swimmers of all ages, parents, fellow employees, etc.
• Continuous standing and walking, some swimming. Ability to work in a busy, noisy environment
Background check and drug test required. We are a drug free workplace.