Marketing and Event Assistant
The Event & Social Assistant is a dual role. This position will be primarily responsible for assisting the Sales and Events team in management of corporate and social events. The Event & Marketing Assistant is responsible for the execution and management of each event from start until finish. Primary efforts are for on-site private events, off-site catering, and food truck events. Duties also include facilitating communication before, during and post event with pertinent leadership and Restaurant staff to ensure the highest level of service.
The Event & Marketing Assistant will also assist in marketing efforts which include but are not limited to social media, email marketing, cold calling and offsite event promotions.
This is an entry level-role with opportunity for growth in the restaurant industry.
• Work with Sales team & Restaurant operations team on all event preparation
• On-site day of event coordinating to ensure execution is on schedule, maintaining contact with the client throughout
• Management of Banquet team assigned to event
• Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day
• Direct Banquet team on setup, breakdown and clean up
• Provide event recaps to Sales and Events Team
Social media and marketing
• Attend networking events in a sales capacity as needed
• Assist in the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed
• Work with Social Media Director to brainstorm Social Media campaigns
• Create daily social media posts
• Use analytics tools to gauge the success of Social media & email marketing campaigns
• Research industry innovations and tools
• Update posts to include relevant keywords for search engine optimization
• Prepare reports on campaigns based on analytics
• Solicit event business through cold calling as needed