Trinity Episcopal School is seeking a Music Chaplain. This full-time, 10-month employee reports directly to the School Chaplain and is a member of the Chaplain Team and K-8 faculty.
This position contributes to the spiritual life of the school by providing leadership in planning the music and liturgical life during weekly chapel services, teaching faith studies classes, helping with pastoral care, formation of a student band, directing a faculty choir, and additional chaplain initiatives as requested. The Music Chaplain will have opportunities to preach in chapel if they wish.
Worship Music Services include a Friday Morning Community (K-8) Chapel, three midweek grade-level chapels, and Greet the Week on Mondays. Worship Services outside of the regular weekly schedule include music leadership during opening and closing faculty worship services, plus all the planning time as needed. This includes a total of 8 days before and after the start of school.
The Music Chaplain supports the school by promoting the mission, values, and policies of Trinity Episcopal School.
Qualities and alignment to Trinity’s Mission and Core Values
The successful candidate will have the following qualities:
• Familiarity with and a commitment to the mission of independent schools and Trinity Episcopal School, and a commitment to our three core values of scholarship, diversity, and spirituality is a must
• A love for students and a willingness to go above and beyond in the best interests of students
• Integrity, sound judgment, self-confidence, maturity and a sense of perspective
• A high level of energy and ability to work on multiple tasks/projects
• Ability to model, promote, and provide opportunities for students to live into the Trinity Honor Code
• Demonstrated sensitivity to students, faculty, and staff of varying racial, ethnic, religious, gender, cultural, disability, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic backgrounds
Education and work experience:
• A Bachelors or Master’s degree in the area of music or religious studies is preferable
• Experience working with youth as a music leader and/or in a pastoral care capacity
• Previous teaching experience, ideally with students in grades 4-8 as the potential grades to teach
• Lead singing in worship services
Skills and qualifications:
• Ability to read and adapt music for a K-8 school setting
• Proficient in playing the piano, guitar, or other musical instruments
• Strong critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills
Salary and benefits:
Trinity Episcopal School is committed to attracting and retaining outstanding employees through a compensation plan that compares favorably with those of other independent schools both locally and nationwide. Individual salary levels are competitive and are determined by educational background and experience.
Please submit an application, current resume and cover letter explaining your interest in and qualifications via the Trinity website (www.tescharlotte.org) for this full-time, 10-month position which begins August 1, 2023.