Preschool Lead Teacher
Charlotte Latin School is hiring a full-time Nest Lead Teacher in our two and three-year-old classroom beginning July 31st, 2023. The Nest is open from 7:15 a.m. to 5:45 p.m. Hours for this position will be 7:00-3:00.
The Nest Lead Teacher plans and implements a high quality curriculum that is child-centered, developmentally appropriate, and process oriented. The Lead Teacher manages the classroom effectively with compassion and careful supervision, active engagement, attention to detail, organization, problem solving strategies and play.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Plan and implement play-based age-appropriate learning using the Frog Street Curriculum as the guide
• Create a classroom environment focused on connecting with children through the Conscious Discipline social/emotional curriculum. Must be willing to utilize strategies for classroom management and discipline from Conscious Discipline
• Adapt learning activities to accommodate childrens varying needs and abilities
• Spend significant time each day interacting with children during indoor and outdoor play
• Present learning and behavior expectations that are appropriate to the child’s age and developmental level, using the NC Foundations for Early Learning as a resource
• Communicate appropriately and professionally with parents and fellow staff and faculty
• Observe and assess each student with age-appropriate tools
• Maintain a portfolio for each student measuring progress
• Participate in staff meetings and training
• Complete annual required training hours as prescribed by the NC Division of Child Development and Early Education
• Comply with licensing regulations and school policies/procedures
• Perform other duties as needed
Lead a classroom teaching team including 2-3 assistant teachers.
Education and experience:
• A Bachelors degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, or Child and Family Studies. If a candidate holds a degree in Elementary Education, he/she must be willing to attend required community college courses within six months of employment
• Two years of lead teaching experience
• State and Federal Background checks are required at time of hire and every five years
• Annual Health Questionnaire
• Health and safety training upon hire
• Education documentation submitted to the NC Division of Child Development and Early Education
• Ability to be flexible, as every day is unique
• Possess a natural ability to engage and support young learners
• Proven interpersonal relations skills
• Communicate clearly and effectively with parents and colleagues
• Computer literate
• Exceptional organizational skills
• A propensity for working collaboratively with faculty and families
• Adheres to the highest level of professionalism
• A commitment to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive school community is essential.