Operations Coordinator (Part-time)
The Ability Experience is the philanthropic initiative of the Pi Kappa Phi fraternity that remains, to this day, an unparalleled success in the Greek world. Founded in 1977, we strive to instill a passion for lifelong service in our fraternity members while helping to empower people living with disabilities. We office with the fraternity’s national headquarters here in Charlotte, NC.
The Ability Experience is committed to creating a culture where the abilities of all people are recognized and valued through the support and empowerment of its employees. We believe in fostering a positive and inclusive work environment where employees are able to use their talents to impact the mission. Our core values of Abilities, Teamwork, Empathy, and Integrity serve as guiding principles to ensure that our employees are aligned with our mission and values. We encourage open communication, collaboration, and innovation and provide opportunities for learning and development. The Ability Experience is dedicated to supporting the well-being of our employees and promoting a healthy work-life balance.
• Position Title: Part-Time Operations/Gift Coordinator
• Reports To: Director of Charitable Operations
• Office Location: Southwest Charlotte, NC (Hybrid)
• Hours / Wage: This position requires approximately 20 hours per week with a flexible schedule. The hourly wage for this position is $18-$20 and includes earned paid time off.
The Operations Coordinator is primarily responsible for the processing and acknowledgment of all charitable donations as well as maintaining current donor records. The Operations Coordinator should work in the office two to three times per week but may be able to work remotely otherwise.
Requires strong Microsoft office skills, specifically Excel and Word, computer and research skills, flexibility, excellent interpersonal abilities, and project coordination experience. Successful candidates provide high-level administrative support, strong attention to detail, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, outside clients, and vendors. Professionalism and confidentiality are required at all times.
Education and experience:
Experience in data processing and customer service
Duties and responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
• Weekly donation reports and processing acknowledgment letters
• Donor stewardship coordination with staff and board
• Matching gift tracking
• Maintaining accurate donor records by following up on returned mail and email
• Monthly birthday report and Thank-View video posting
• Monthly Uncashed check report and follow-up
• Monthly follow-up on failing recurring gift renewals