New Construction Punchwork Supervisor
Mission-Driven Career Opportunity
As one of the leading affordable housing nonprofits in the area, Habitat Charlotte Region partners with hundreds of families each year through affordable homeownership, home preservation and financial literacy training. As a New Construction Punchwork Supervisor, you’ll play an integral role in our vision of a world where everyone has a safe and affordable place to live.
Why Join Habitat?
• Competitive salary and benefits
• Industry-leading healthcare, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts (healthcare and dependent care)
• Work/life balance supported by generous PTO and up to 10 paid holidays per year
• Career development and promotion opportunities
• Casual working environment
• Retirement planning – a 403(b) with 3% organizational match
The New Construction Punchwork Supervisor will be responsible for completing Punchwork during the final stages of new home builds. Supervisor will be assigned on average 1 new home per month, in which all punchwork items will be scheduled, performed, and completed to HFHCR’s quality control standards.
• Ensure a smooth transition of leadership from the Site Supervisor into the Punchwork stage of the build. Engage in a transition meeting to discuss the remaining schedule and outstanding items needed to complete the construction
• Assist in leading the final volunteer build day for the house alongside the Site Supervisor. After which, the Punchwork Supervisor will assume responsibility of the final stage of construction up to Work Complete
• Management of subcontractors during trade trim outs including; material purchases & deliveries, County inspections, quality control, timeliness, and Energy Star Compliance. Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, Insulation, Carpet, and others as needed
• Completion of punchwork tasks which include but are not limited to; porch railings, interior & Exterior hardware, drywall repairs, interior and exterior paint, mailbox installation, handrails, Attic area energy sealing, pressure washing, final cleaning both interior and exterior, removal of excess materials, and appliance installation
• Schedule and ensure successful passing of all final inspections including; C&C Building inspection, Internal Final inspection, C&C Hold releases, Energy compliance testing. Make any repairs as needed to ensure that Certificate of Occupancy is granted and HFHCR quality standards have been met prior to the Work Complete date
• Perform final check of all utilities and appliances upon power and AC activation. Schedule and coordinate repairs as needed
• Communicates with Partner Families, Family Services, and Punch & Warranty Supervisor throughout final stage of construction, ensuring open communication and accuracy of Homeowner selection items
• Attend and participate in Final Walk through with the Homeowners, as well as the Red Carpet Walk through
• Construct or complete exterior storage shed if needed
• Collaborate with New Construction Field Manager to establish a consistent approach to the job responsibilities
• Responsible for invoice coding and approval of personal invoices in adherence with current company policies
• Habitat for Humanity of the Charlotte Region-related tasks as requested by Supervisor
• Compliance with all HFHCR policies
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Required: CPR/First Aid, OSHA 10-hour, prior experience in Residential Construction
• Preferred: Bachelor’s degree
Ability to work on construction sites full time: lifting 75 lbs. unassisted, climbing ladders/scaffolding, working on roof and in crawl spaces, and maneuvering over uneven ground.
$55,000 per year