Director of Student Wellness and Academic Support
Charlotte Latin School is seeking a Director of Student Wellness and Academic Support. This is a full-time, 12-month position that will begin August, 2023.
Recognizing Charlotte Latin Schools commitment to whole-child education, the Director of Student Wellness and Academic Support leads all efforts to integrate best practices in social, emotional, physical, intellectual and academic well-being to encourage a balanced approach to teaching and learning for all students. By working collaboratively with a well-established team of learning resources educators, nurses, and school counselors, the Director designs and promotes curricular and programmatic interventions that foster healthy lifestyles and resilience among students.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Establish and execute a vision for student wellness that aligns with the schools commitment to whole-child education
• Develop a mission-aligned scope and sequence for social-emotional learning and wellness programming
• Partner with divisional academic leadership to design and implement social-emotional learning experiences for students, meaningful parent education, and professional development for faculty and staff
• Identify appropriate methods for engaging students in community wellness efforts
• Develop appropriate structures for student support at the divisional and TK-12 levels
• Lead a Community Wellness Team to coordinate efforts among school nurses, counselors, Learning Resources, and others engaged in student wellness work
• Oversee the management of the psychoeducational evaluation process, in partnership with the Assistant Director for Learning Resources (LR) and families, faculty, and external professionals, to demystify the LR procedures for families and ensure that recommendations and accommodations are effectively implemented to support student learning needs. This includes interpreting educational and psychoeducational evaluations and providing guidance to families, Learning Resources staff, and faculty about interventions that position students for success
• Manage external relationships and networks, including mental health providers, occupational and speech therapists, and other professionals working to support student well-being
• Oversee wellness-related budgets
Manage a team of Learning Resources, nursing, and counseling staff.
Education and experience:
• Advanced degree in Counseling, Education, Psychology, Psychiatry, Clinical Social Work, or a related field required
• The ideal candidate will possess a terminal degree in one of the aforementioned fields of study and have significant experience with psychoeducational assessment and analysis, instructional accommodations, school-based counseling, and best practices in wellness-focused programming and curriculum development in a K-12 school setting.
• Expertise in Google Suite
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Capable of working independently and collaborating with others
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Adheres to the highest level of professionalism
A philosophical alignment with our core values and curriculum and instruction, which can be found on our website: www.charlottelatin.org including a commitment to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion.