Assistant Director of Learning Resources
Charlotte Latin School is seeking an Assistant Director of Learning Resources. This is a full-time, 12-month position that will begin August, 2023.
Charlotte Latin School embraces its commitment to academic excellence for all students. The Assistant Director of Learning Resources exemplifies this philosophy by championing the schools efforts to support students with diverse learning profiles. By working collaboratively with a well-established team of learning resources educators and under the leadership of the Director of Student Wellness and Academic Support, the Assistant Director draws upon best practices to partner with individual students and families, oversee and develop academic support initiatives, encourage meaningful professional development experiences, and coordinate the essential activities within the Learning Resources office.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Manage the psychoeducational evaluation process, in partnership with families, faculty, and external professionals, to demystify the Learning Resources procedures for families and ensure that recommendations and accommodations are effectively implemented to support student learning needs. This includes interpreting educational and psychoeducational evaluations and providing guidance to families, Learning Resources staff, and faculty about interventions that position students for success
• Provide direct Learning Resources support to an assigned group of Upper School students
• Manage electronic and other files that support students learning needs and meet the College Board and ACT standards. This includes working collaboratively with the Registrar, College Counseling office, and parents to navigate the application process for testing accommodations and ensuring identified accommodations are honored
• Partner with academic leadership and other divisional personnel to address parent communication, student support and placement, and professional development needs
• Read admissions files for students with psychoeducational evaluations as part of their application
• Coordinate external support services for students in the learning resources program
• Prepare official 504 plans for all students with accommodations
• Partner with the Admissions office to read files and offer placement recommendations that align with students learning plans
In partnership with the Director of Student Wellness and Academic Support, oversee the Learning Resources team.
Education and experience:
• Advanced degree in Counseling, Education, Psychology, or related field required
• Experience with the Orton-Gillingham approach preferred
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in education and supervisory experience required
• Expertise in Google Suite
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Capable of working independently and collaborating with others
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Adheres to the highest level of professionalism
A philosophical alignment with our core values and curriculum and instruction, which can be found on our website: www.charlottelatin.org including a commitment to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion.