Senior Marketing Manager
McColl Center is a nationally acclaimed artist residency and contemporary arts hub in Uptown Charlotte, North Carolina. We are where artists and people who care about them converge, connect, and thrive. As a hub for creativity and a catalyst for growth, McColl Center is committed to putting artists first, supporting them throughout their careers with artist studios, access to modern equipment and tools, entrepreneurship programs, and 5,000 SF of gallery space to exhibit and sell work.
As a team, we embrace diversity, equity, inclusion, and access as core values and a strategy to advance artists and community. We strive to create a welcoming space for everyone by respecting the creativity, ideas, beliefs, cultures, identities, and lived experiences of all artists, volunteers, stakeholders, visitors, staff, and partners.
You will join an adaptive, creative, and bold team, dedicated and passionate about supporting artists and engaging people who care about them. Successful candidates will be just as committed and dynamic and will contribute to the team’s success while identifying ways to grow professionally. This opportunity is for a candidate who has management experience, is a generalist in marketing, and has the desire to grow their leadership experience to assume responsibility for a department. McColl Center is committed to investing in the Sr. Marketing Manager’s growth through professional development opportunities and offers flexible work and excellent benefits.
The Sr. Marketing Manager is responsible for all facets of the marketing and public relations efforts. They are a proficient reader, writer, and editor. Successful candidates will be efficient, decisive, and organized planners who are cooperative, flexible, and excited about managing and executing processes and projects. The Sr. Marketing Manager will report to the President + CEO and VP, Creative Director to create the strategy and executable plans to maintain and grow our presence in Charlotte and beyond.
Internal leadership and management
• Develops and directs strategic marketing and PR plan and budget in partnership with President + CEO and VP, Creative Director on goals and deliverables, including McColl Center’s website, zine, print materials, social media, and app
• Determines key deliverables and actively works to achieve goals, including monitoring metrics, progress, and meeting deadlines
• Collaborates with the team to identify relevant, useful, and custom content and messaging with intentional and genuine action based on our values in diversity, equity, inclusivity, and accessibility
• Interprets staff and departmental marketing needs to produce engaging and informative content in a consistent voice, including articles and blog posts for the website, app, and email newsletters, donor and stakeholder updates, and program and event listings, optimizing content for SEO when appropriate
• Provides insights by actively engaging in all programs and services, developing a broad and deep knowledge of all facets of the organization, including philanthropic efforts
• Leads by example through hard work, intention, accountability, and integrity to ensure team and contractors deliver on goals and adhere to brand and style guidelines
• Understands or is able to connect with the local and regional creative community and strives to put artists first
• Actively seeks and secures the organization’s press, media, and newsworthy opportunities for both owned and external channels and platforms
• Maintains curiosity, connectedness, and engagement, always seeking obvious, nuanced, and not-so-obvious ways to increase connections, reach, and engagement with McColl Center audiences
• Represents McColl Center at public functions and donor-related events, as needed; assumes other responsibilities necessary for achievement of communications, philanthropic, and programmatic goals, including special event support
• Works with managers to create an individualized professional development plan to identify growth opportunities and to stay abreast of best practices in marketing and PR
• Serves as a connector invested in bringing McColl Center, artists, and audiences together to support our vision
• The ideal candidate will have three to five years of marketing, digital media, PR, and/or advertising experience with prior management experience
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, English, or related degree or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience required
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team, collaborate, and manage projects to completion
• An outgoing, confident personality who can work effectively in challenging situations and with people under strict deadlines
• Emotional intelligence, interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
• Experience with or a passion for the arts and creativity
• Working knowledge of Microsoft applications
• Ability to attend McColl Center events during evenings and weekends as needed
• The COVID-19 vaccination and boosters are required as a condition of employment
Compensation and benefits:
• Salary range: $47,000-55,000 annually
• McColl Center offers full-time employees a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental, vision, life, paid time off, and a 403(b)-retirement plan with a match
• This position is based at McColl Center and is eligible for flexible work benefits after 90 days of successful employment