Supervisor, Visitor Information Center Uptown
The CRVA works to deliver experiences that uniquely enrich the lives of our visitors and residents. Through leadership in destination development, marketing and venue management expertise, the CRVA leads efforts to maximize the region’s economic potential through visitor spending, creating jobs and opportunities for the community. Brands supported by the CRVA include the Charlotte Convention Center, Spectrum Center, Bojangles Entertainment Complex, NASCAR Hall of Fame, Charlotte Film Commission, Visit Charlotte and Visitor Info Centers.
The Visitor Information Supervisor will be responsible for leading as well as training our Visitor Services team on city and regional assets and will encourage the team to exceed customer service expectations across CRVA brands to generate effective delivery of sales and marketing promises, repeat business and positive word-of-mouth referrals.
• Supervises Charlotte Convention Center Visitor Information Center operations and at the Uptown location. Proactively sells and promotes area and trains our team to be highly engaging, and to provide friendly and timely building, event, and destination information for our guests with finding complete solutions to their requests
• Assists with scheduling and processing of payroll as needed for PT Visitor Information Specialists
• Must be flexible to work and manage team to work weekends, holidays, and city-wide events which could require extended working hours
• Responsible for providing additional touchpoints within the Charlotte Convention Center that would promote more engagement and influence travel decisions and spending within our city
• Team development includes but is not limited to experiential training tours, collaborative planning and presenting quarterly team meetings, pre-shift meetings, quarterly check-ins, conducting annual reviews as well as supporting required CRVA training
• Collaborates with manager in developing and executing training for all Visitor Information Specialists. This person will also assist with delivering performance reviews, maintaining documentation, scheduling of staff, hiring as well as coaching and issuing disciplinary action as needed
• Oversees distribution operations
• Model and be accountable ensuring that customers are always put first by living the CRVA Service Philosophy to deliver memorable customer experiences
• Champion CRVA’s mission, vision and core values and comply with organizations policies and procedures
• May perform other duties as required and adhere to CRVA guidelines throughout
Knowledge and skill requirements:
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
• Experience balancing cash and credit card transactions for retail operations
• Ability to solve practical problems and to objectively deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited information exists within a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrates strong organizational and time management skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to balance both short- and long-term impact of decisions
• Experience researching, developing, and presenting to both small and large groups
• Ability to embody the CRVA Customer experience standards by anticipating customer needs, building positive relationships with customers and airport stakeholders and treat all internal and external customers with the highest degree of respect and courtesy
• Ability to thoughtfully address guest challenges using sound judgement, flexibility and ability to prioritize all aspects before offering solutions to guests who may be challenged with a variety of unforeseen travel situations
• Demonstrates initiative to continuously learn more about our destination to better service our guests and continuously trains the team to learn and grow on destination and company knowledge
• Demonstrates high standards of personal appearance and adheres to uniform guidelines, which include wearing proper Visitor Info Center attire and name tag
• Collaboratively works with other departments within CRVA and the Charlotte Douglas International Airport to enhance guest experience
Education and experience:
Bachelor’s Degree required with two years supervisory experience within the hospitality field, which includes training and team development. Knowledge of Charlotte and surrounding counties, transportation, major corporations, hotels, restaurants, attractions, sports, and shopping resources is required.
• The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds with the use of a hand cart to regularly receive and stock materials for the VIC operations and coordinate deliveries to hotels as needed
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to always maintain a keen sense to their surroundings, possess a high level of energy and will frequently stand, walk, or sit for long periods, lift as needed for the guests or operation and to model this energy for the team
The noise level in the work environment may vary depending on foot traffic and outside street noise. The employee may also be subjected to varying temperatures from having to walk to another building to fulfill a task.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Inclusion to us means respecting all differences and that those differences can drive people and performance to new heights. Our “employee first” culture requires engagement and engagement can’t happen without the voices of many talented and diverse individuals charting our direction.