Carbonhouse, a division of AXS, has been creating event-driven websites promoting engaging and interactive experiences for live audiences since 1999. Not only are our solutions beautiful, but we’ve established the best practices for innovation across the live industry.
With over 300 venues and sports team clients world-wide (including The O2 London, STAPLES Center, Barclays Center, the arenas of dozens NHL & NBA teams, and some of the most historic performing arts theaters in the country), our sites are visited by millions of people each year. That’s millions of reasons to join our team. Visit http://www.carbonhouse.com for our full portfolio.
We’re on the hunt for a creative Front-End Web Developer with PHP development experience to join our team. Our ideal candidate is someone who cares deeply about the user experience, code quality and working efficiently. You thrive in an energetic atmosphere where collaboration actually happens to create the best solutions for high-profile clients.
What you’ll be doing:
• Create Responsive websites
• To continually maintain and update existing client portfolio
• Provide and promote the highest level of customer service
• Continuously seek ways to improve personal, team and business performance
• Ensure that all relevant information is communicated speedily and accurately in a way that ensures that the information is received and easily understood
• Ensure that all materials and resources are effectively and efficiently utilized to minimize waste and reduce costs
• Work with Product Management on the feasibility of upcoming changes
The skills and experience we’re seeking:
• 3+ years of experience working with HTML, CSS and SASS across multiple browsers.
• 3+ years of experience integrating with web services using JSON and/or XML.
• 3+ years of experience working with “modern” web application frameworks/tools (e.g. jQuery, Backbone, Ember, etc.).
• Version control – Primarily Git.
• PHP development experience, with the ability to manipulate PHP for output.
• Strong focus on front-end design and modern web practices to create an efficient user-experience.
• Ability to build mobile compliant websites with a good understanding of cross-browser debugging.
• Strong understanding of application programming interfaces
• Experience in working with social applications interfacing with Facebook and Twitter
• Excellent project management skills
• Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud products
• Team player who enjoys working in a high achieving environment
Curious about the typical interview process for this position? Here’s what to expect:
• Stage 1: Recruiter Screen – via Zoom
• Stage 2: 60-min Hiring Manager interview – via Zoom
• Stage 3: Coding exercise
• Stage 4: 30 min Panel interview – via Zoom
What’s in it for You?
• Our solutions have been developed in-house exclusively for the events and venue industry
• Not only will you get design for some of the largest sporting events and entertainment brands, but you’ll also get to enjoy them with retreats to concerts and sports events
• Carbonhouse team members stick around! Average tenure is 8+ years
• Conference budget for on-going learning and talent development
• Flex hours with Hybrid Work Environment in Charlotte, NC (#6 best places to live US News & World Report)
At AXS, we are dedicated to a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but can’t “check every box” in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be the right candidate for this or other roles.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and hold diversity dear. We never discriminate based on gender, age, race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
More about AXS:
AXS sells millions of tickets every year for 500+ partners across North America, Europe, and Asia, from venues like the O2 in London and the Red Rocks Amphitheatre in Denver to teams like the Los Angeles Clippers, Minnesota Timberwolves, and Houston Rockets. Headquartered in Downtown Los Angeles, California, AXS employs more than 500 professionals in multiple locations worldwide, including Charlotte, Cleveland, Dallas, Denver, Las Vegas, London, Tempe, Stockholm, and Tokyo. At each location you’ll find a team of dedicated, diverse employees (we’ve dubbed ourselves “Fanatix”) who create groundbreaking products and services in a fun, fast-paced environment. We love what we do along with our fantastic culture, enviable perks, and comprehensive benefits.
To learn more about our culture and values, visit: https://solutions.axs.com/careers/
More about AEG:
For more than 20 years, AEG has played a pivotal role in transforming sports and live entertainment. Annually, we host more than 160 million guests, promote more than 10,000 shows and present more than 22,000 events around the world. We are committed to innovation, artistry, and community, and leverage the power of our 300+ venues, leading sports franchises, marquee music brands, integrated entertainment districts, premier ticketing platform and global sponsorship activations, to create memorable moments that give the world reason to cheer.
Our business is interwoven with the human mind and heart, and we strive to build a diverse and inclusive company that reflects the artists, athletes, and fans that we host; reach beyond traditional boundaries to support the communities in which we operate; and minimize our impact on the environment by adopting sustainable practices throughout our business operations.