Our Blind Date series is proudly presented by Criswell & Criswell Plastic Surgery. Husband and wife team, Drs. Bryan and Kara Criswell, know how important it is to find someone who brings out your best features. Here’s to finding the Criswell to your Criswell.
We’re back with another installment of our popular Blind Date series.
- Ready to meet your match this year? Click here apply for an upcoming date, and tell your single friends to apply. It’s super easy!
Editor’s note: Responses have been edited lightly for length and clarity.
This time, we paired Taylor and Spencer.
First, let’s get to know Spencer:
- He’s 27 and works in finance.
- He enjoys weight lifting, fashion, animals, cooking, Korean shows and all things water-related.
- His ideal Charlotte day starts with an espresso tonic at the Hobbyist and ends with a pizza at Benny’s.
- He describes himself as “an adventurous goofball and the world’s leading proponent of everything bagel seasoning.”
Then there’s Taylor.
- She’s 24 and works in merchandising.
- She enjoys fashion, running, reading, animals, coffee shops and music.
Her ideal Charlotte day includes breakfast at Zada Jane’s, exploring Camp North End or a museum and some live music.
She describes herself as a “sweet and funny gal with just a sprinkle of chaotic.”
These two animal-loving, fashion-forward people seemed like the perfect pair. We decided to see if their connection would be on-par over dinner and mini golf at Stroke.
I FaceTimed with Spencer and Taylor a few days afterwards to hear how the date went — here’s what they had to say.
How do you typically meet your dates?
Spencer: I’m on and off the apps, so usually in-person. And sometimes through Instagram.
Taylor: Either through datings apps or friends.
- I usually have more success when I’m set up by a friend.
On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate your conversation?
Spencer: Probably a seven — I mean, we didn’t get too deep into anything.
- It’s pretty easy on a blind date because you literally don’t know anything about the person.
- No awkward pauses or anything like that.
Taylor: I’d give it a six or a seven.
- We didn’t have a lot in common but that gave us lots to talk about.
- He’s a bit older than me, so there were a few references he made I didn’t know and vice versa.
How would you describe your chemistry?
Spencer: It just wasn’t there.
- I went for the hand hold at the end, but it wasn’t reciprocated.
Taylor: I’d give the chemistry a five out of 10.
- He was super nice and put-together.
- Romantically, I wasn’t interested.
What are your thoughts on the date overall?
Spencer: I enjoyed it — Taylor was really cool.
- Stroke was a cool venue; the food and drinks were good, too.
- Ostensibly, we just aren’t a match.
Taylor: I really enjoyed it. It felt relaxed and fun.
- I love a date with an activity because it makes it less awkward.
What’s next? How did you leave it?
Spencer: I walked her to her car, and I got her number.
- We said we’d do it again, but we kind of left it at that.
Taylor: I gave him my number and he texted me the next day.
- I told him it felt like we were looking for different things, but that I really enjoyed meeting him and left it there.
Axios Charlotte thanks our partners for supporting our content. Sponsorship has no influence on editorial content.