Production/Packaging Team Member
Sycamore Brewing is looking for enthusiastic, hard-working individuals to join our production team. This is a very exciting time of growth for our brewery, and those individuals who dedicate themselves to excellence and quality will be able to advance, as we prefer to promote from within.
This position is considered entry level and will focus on the packaging side of our production operations.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Operating keg washing and filling equipment
• Working cooperatively with the packaging team on the canning line, starting off palletizing cases of beer, with eventual training on all canning line stations and equipment
• General brewery cleaning, sanitation, and organization
• Material handling – operating forklifts and pallet jacks, as required
• Complying with all brewery quality, sanitation, and safety procedures, as well as OSHA, FDA, and USDA regulations
• Participate in brewery/tap room events and festivals, as opportunities are available
The ideal candidate for this position is self-motivated, hard-working, possesses a knack for troubleshooting and problem-solving, and is willing to learn in a fast-paced production environment. Strong communication and team work skills are essential to fit in with the rest of the team. Adherence to company policies regarding safety, quality, and personal conduct is required.
Qualifications, skills, and attributes desired:
• Fork lift experience/training preferred, though not required
• Ability to be on one’s feet and walk long distances over an 8+ hour period
• Ability to lift up to 60 lbs, manipulate kegs up to 165 lbs, twist/turn repeatedly, reach over shoulders, and work in a crouched, kneeling, or standing position at a steady pace.
• Ability to work a flexible and changing schedule – some early days, night work, and overtime may be required
This opportunity offers a competitive wage, paid time off, paid holidays, health insurance, 401K plan eligibility plus matching contribution matching. If you’re interested in this exciting position with a growing local brewery, please email your resume and a brief cover letter to: