Residential Manager (Live-In)
InReach is a recognized leader in providing service to people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities and is recognized by the Council on Quality and Leadership. We are proud of our company culture and our inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and succeed in meaningful work. We have been serving the Charlotte community since 1974.
• Free Room and Board
• Paid Time Off
• Overtime Pay
• Benefits Plan Package – Including healthcare, dental reimbursement, life insurance, 401-K
• Partnership Discounts with Local Businesses
• Paid Onboarding and Online + On-The-Job Training
• Free Meal While On Duty
• $2,000 Sign-On Bonus
• Eligible for Public Student Loan Forgiveness
People willing to make a difference in people’s lives by providing companionship, care, and support.
Someone willing to fill a live-in position at one of our Group Homes located in Charlotte, NC, providing support and supervision 5-6 individuals with Intellectual and other Developmental Disabilities in a home setting. The Group Home Manager provides our residents with the training needed to help them care for themselves in areas such as cooking, housekeeping, using leisure time and routine health care. The Group Home Manager is also responsible to supervise 3-4 other part-time staff who also work at the house. Other responsibilities include overseeing the group home budget, weekly menu planning, grocery shopping, providing transportation, overseeing healthcare, and planning recreational activities and reporting maintenance requests.
The position is live-in therefore the Group Home Manager position includes free room and board. It does require overnight stays at the group home Sunday night through Thursday night. Each home has a manager’s suite with private entrance for the manager to use as their living quarters. The candidate for this position must be willing to use the group home address as their residential address on their driver’s license. Typical work week is 70-75 hours. Position includes benefits.
• $45k – $60K per year
• *$2,000 sign-on bonus payable in three instalments: $500 after completion of training, $500 after 6-months, and $1,000 at 12-months.
What you’ll do:
• Teach meal planning and cooking
• Instruct and assist with household cleaning, personal care & hygiene
• Facilitating community integration and provide community recreational activities when available
• Supervise relief staff
• Documentation on goals and activities
• Helping residents develop healthy social habits
• Dispensing medication and monitoring overall healthcare
• Oversee Food and Gas budgets
• Must be willing to drive a full-size passenger van
What you’ll bring:
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written
• Strong organizational skills
• Genuine concern for the well-being of our residents
• Ability to supervise others in a positive and professional manner
• Team Player
• Ability to respond well to change
• Experience working with people with disabilities
• A valid Driver’s License
• A High School Diploma
Applicants must be 21 years of age or older and are required to have a high school diploma or GED, a valid driver’s license, and successfully pass a drug screen and background check. Six months direct experience working with individuals with disabilities (paid or volunteer), and 6 months supervisory experience. In lieu of experience with disabilities, other relevant experience may be considered with additional on the job training. All experience must be verifiable.