Founded on the simple thought that beauty matters, our firm strives to thoughtfully create living spaces that are as beautiful and unique as the people who will occupy them. Ever mindful of traditional building elements, the design team collectively views both modernism and classicism as a part of the broader language of architecture, while working to cultivate a fresh approach to design. Distinctive homes created by the fifteen-member firm can be found throughout the country, including in North Carolina, New York, California, Illinois, Colorado, Maryland, Virginia, Vermont, Georgia, Tennessee, Florida, and South Carolina. Our work has been featured in numerous publications including Veranda, Traditional Home, Luxe Interiors + Design, Garden & Gun, House Beautiful, Southern Living, and Milieu. We were honored to receive the Philip Trammell Shutze Award for Residential Architecture, the Veranda/ADAC award for architecture firm of the year, and the Southern Living Home of the Year award. Our first book, Finding Home, was published by Rizzoli in September of 2021.
Pursley Dixon Architecture is an architecture and interior design studio specializing in custom residential work. The Charlotte, North Carolina based firm is seeking an Architectural Assistant who will share our passion to build beautiful things. For more information about Pursley Dixon Architecture please visit www.pursleydixon.com.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Work directly with project architects in preparation of design and presentation documents
• Prepare renderings of designs for client presentations
• Create 3D models of home designs with fly through animation
• Assist in preparation of construction documents and project specifications
• Proficient in Adobe Suite, InDesign, Photoshop
• Proficient in Sketch Up
• Strong hand drafting and sketching skills
• Proficient in Vectorworks, AutoCAD
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Strong time management and prioritization skills
• 1 – 3 years of residential design experience preferred but not required
• Must love dogs
Firm offers competitive salary for qualified candidates.
• Health Benefits are available through Insperity HR Solutions. Benefit options include dental and vision, access to FSA and HSA accounts, and life/disability insurance
• Paid Birth and Recovery Leave and Paid Parental Leave
• 10 personal days [PTO] during the first year of employment. These days are in addition to our office closings
• After your first year of employment, we offer a 401k with match
• Yearend bonuses based on firm production
• Mileage reimbursement for site visits and client meetings
• Marketplace discounts to major retailers such as Verizon and Apple
• Support with AXP/NCARB architectural registration as needed