Popular Huntersville Hemp & Tea Company soft opened last month in southeast Charlotte.
It’s located in the Galleria Shopping Center at 1816 Galleria Blvd. D.
What’s happening: Co-owners Hoover Gutierrez and Mike Modia plan to host a grand opening party on March 18.
- The second store’s opening comes nearly three years after the owners opened the first Hemp & Tea in Huntersville (15906 N Old Statesville Road).
Why it matters: Gutierrez and Modia hope Hemp & Tea is more than just a cannabis store. They want it to be a space for the community to learn about the benefit of natural health solutions including from natural herbs and hemp.
- Modia says the two products should co-exist as an option for improving overall health and wellness.
- “We truly believe in the marriage of both,” Modia said.
Inventory: The new storefront offers signature tea blends, infused hemp tea plus other THC and CBD products.
- All hand-crafted hemp teas feature a blend of herbs infused with Delta-8 or CBD. Non-infused teas feature a range of classic flavors including black, green and oolong from more than 100 loose-leaf teas.
- Aside from teas, they also sell THC gummies, honey, edibles, flowers and vapes.
- “We have plenty of herbal teas to cater to the 10% of people who don’t prefer hemp, hemp-infused teas for the 10% that enjoy a psychoactive high and several products for the 80% of people who are somewhere in between depending on the day,” Modia said.
Vibe: The shop is designed to be a calm place for people to either meditate, hang out or shop.
- It has three meditation lounges plus additional seating at the bar and in the back of the store.
- “We want this to be a place for people to relax, refresh and recharge,” Gutierrez said.
Hours: The new Hemp & Tea is open from 10am-8pm Monday through Saturday and 11am-7pm on Sunday.
- In the coming week, the store will host events including meditation Mondays, tea flights and tasting on Thursdays and live music on weekends.
What’s next: The store owners plan to open more locations in Charlotte.
- Modia tells us they hope to open a third location in the coming months that’ll be more like a boutique.
- “We meet thousands of customers from places like Gastonia and Waxhaw so we want our next location to be within 20 minutes of most of the surrounding areas,” Gutierrez said.