Assistant Corporate Controller
Little, nationally recognized as a “Best Firm to Work For” and one of the nation’s most progressive design firms, is seeking an Assistant Corporate Controller for our Finance and Accounting Department in our Charlotte, NC Office.
The individual selected for this opportunity will report to and work closely with the Controller and Assistant Project Controller. He/she will lead and support the corporate accounting team in providing best in class financial data and analysis. The ideal candidate will be a curious financial professional, thoughtful leader, self-starter, with excellent communication skills, and enjoy collaborating in a team environment.
Leading a team of staff whose responsibilities include:
• Account Payable
• Accounts Receivable
• General Ledger Accounting
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Perform day to day operational accounting
• Assist Controller with monthly internal financial reporting
• Analyze key performance indicators
• Collaborate with team to identify issues/challenges and identify areas for improvement
• Perform monthly account reconciliations
• Maintain and execute an understanding of corporate overhead allocations
• Perform high-level financial analysis to highlight factors affecting performance and identify trends
• Support inquiries from external CPA firm during annual review and annual tax filings
• Create and Support process documentation of policies and procedures impacting finance & accounting
• Data mining for various census and survey requests
• Liaison between finance & HR payroll
The ideal candidates will possess the following qualifications:
• BS in Accounting, Finance, or related business
• 6-8 years progressively responsible experience in finance/accounting with strong supervisory experience
• Desire to build strong working relationships and create a positive work environment
• Knowledge of fixed asset processes
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Proficient use of Excel and other MS Office products (Crystal reports, automation tools, PowerBI a plus but not req)
• Possess a highly respectful and ethical personality
• Demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Experience with A/E/C firm highly preferred, professional services firm experience also considered
• Working knowledge of large ERP system (BST, Deltek preferred)
• Understanding of self-funded health benefit plans
• Public Accounting and pass-through entity tax experience preferred
• Project Accounting experience/exposure a plus
Little is recognized for developing exceptional design solutions that generate business results in the workplace, community, healthcare and retail industries. Little delivers results beyond architecture by combining expertise in architecture, engineering, interior architecture, land development, CAFM & occupancy planning, brand communication and design, building technology applications, and digital media services. The firm has approximately 400 employees in 5 offices across the United States.
Little is a place where you’ll surround yourself with colleagues who have different areas of expertise, are from different cultures and generations, and embody different talents, experiences, and passions. In fact, if you ask our employees what keeps them excited about coming to work each day, you’ll hear that it’s the people. It’s also our culture and the chance to be part of creating a better future through our work. We embrace a culture of teaching and learning through cross mentoring that spans generations, disciplines, talents, and interests and we strive to give each person exposure to the widest possible array of experiences. We care intensely about our clients and each other, and we do our best to spark a spirit of creativity and excitement in everyone around us. And, if wellness matters to you, you’ll be thrilled to know that you’ll be working in one of Charlotte’s first LEED and WELL Certified workspaces.
What to know what’s it’s like to work in Little’s Charlotte office? Here’s a Peek Inside Little-Charlotte https://vimeo.com/237620407
Little is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, Little prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Little is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact [email protected] or a member of our HR Team.