Latta Arcade, located at 320 S. Tryon St., is getting a remodel and rebranding as “The Alley” this year.
Expect new and diverse food options with a focus on “street eats,” according to a statement from developer Northpond Partners. The Chicago real estate firm bought Latta Arcade in March 2020, CBJ reported at the time.
New tenants include:
- The Dumpling Lady will open in 2023. This is in addition to its South End location, slated to open this summer.
- Wentworth & Fenn Bakery will open its second Charlotte location at The Alley in late 2023. Its first is in Camp North End.
- Felix Empanadas, which already has a shop in The Alley, will open its second restaurant called Carnales this spring. It’ll serve tortas, quesadillas, alambres and breakfast tacos.
- Gather Flower Studio, a flower shop with locally-sourced flowers, will be on the second floor of The Alley.
Why it matters: Northpond says they want to reimagine the historic Uptown landmark as a food and beverage destination.
- They hope to “restore the building’s historic character while adding modern design updates,” the statement read. Renovations to the common spaces are expected to be completed in late 2023.
Of note: The Alley is the inside part of the property, separate from the courtyard. There are no confirmed changes to the site’s current tenants.
What’s next: Northpond says they also hope to add a cocktail bar, coffee bar and taproom.
Renderings courtesy of courtesy Southwick Architecture + Interiors.