Assistant Aquatics Manager/Swim Lessons Coordinator
Charlotte Country Day School was founded in 1941, and currently enrolls approximately 1,700 students in grades Pre-K through 12 from diverse ethnic, racial, religious, and economic backgrounds. The School’s mission and the shared commitment of all Charlotte Country Day employees is to develop the potential of each student by fostering intellectual curiosity, principled character, ethical leadership, and a responsibility to serve.
Charlotte Country Day School, an independent coeducational day school located in Charlotte, NC, is currently recruiting an Assistant Aquatics Manager starting with the 2023-2024 school year. This is a full-time, 12-month position beginning on or around July 1, 2023. The daily work schedule will vary according to the needs of our student-athletes, athletics programs, and programming at the Klein Aquatics Center.
The Assistant Aquatics Manager is responsible for assisting the Aquatics Manager in all aspects of operating the Klein Aquatics Center. The responsibilities of this position will include lifeguarding, staff scheduling, overseeing all components of swim lessons, overseeing the management of the pre-swim team, recruitment, and training of new guards and instructors, lead/assist with administering all aquatics safety audits for active lifeguards and swim instructors, and assisting with the daily maintenance.
• Assist with planning, organizing, directing, budgeting, and evaluating programs
• Will act on behalf of the Aquatics Manager in their absence.
• Serve as lifeguard and/or swim instructor
• Oversee scheduling and supervision of all lifeguards and swim instructors
• Oversee the execution of the instructional swim programs
• Orient, train, and aid in supervising of all staff (paid and volunteer)
• Share responsibilities for the care and maintenance of the facility and related program equipment
• Available with duty for the building in the evenings and weekends.
• Assist with the evaluation of staff, class, and pool scheduling
• Assist and oversee all required safety and quality training, drills, and documentation
• Assist in ordering equipment purchases and aquatic/first aid supplies as necessary
• Answer questions and emails from students, program participants, faculty, and staff
• Aid in serving as meet director for home middle school and varsity meets
• Provide excellent customer service by exceeding student and family expectations
• Other tasks as assigned by the Aquatics Manager and Director of Athletics
• Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
• Lifeguard certified
• Certified Pool Operators License
• Two (2) years of experience in instruction, coaching, and management of a wide variety of aquatic programming and pool maintenance
• Must be responsible, dependable, and organized
Compensation and benefits:
Charlotte Country Day School is committed to attracting and retaining outstanding candidates who will add to the racial, cultural and gender diversity of our school community. We offer a salary schedule that compares favorably with those of peer schools locally, regionally, and nationwide.
The priority deadline for applications is Friday, March 24th, 2023; applications received after that date will be evaluated only if there is still a need to further assemble a candidate pool. Questions about the position should also be directed to Masanori Toguchi Jr., Director of Athletics at [email protected].
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at CCDS will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. CCDS does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.