Charlotte Country Club was founded in 1910 and is located four miles east of uptown Charlotte, in the historic Plaza-Midwood neighborhood. Charlotte Country Club is known as a top 20 private club in the US. The club was also recognized as a Top-50 Platinum Club of the World by the Club Leaders Forum.
Our team is responsible for upholding an “unparalleled country club experience” for our members and their guests through first impressions, kind and attentive service throughout their visit, and always a fond farewell. We focus on personalized service, exercising our ability to create memorable experiences on a daily basis.
Positive, upbeat, organized, detail-oriented, customer service professional to support the Director of Human Resources with administrative duties. The Human Resources Assistant will also coordinate and participate in all celebratory events such as birthdays, anniversaries, and staff events.
• Handle sensitive information and maintain the highest level of integrity and confidentiality
• Post open positions internally, online, and within the community
• Search for new job posting sites online, within the community, and Club industry. processing pre-employment screenings, creating new hire onboarding materials, and participating in new hire orientation
• Assist in new hire onboarding by processing pre-employment screenings, creating new onboarding materials, tracking various reports, and participating in new hire orientation
• Assist and participate in all staff engagement, education, and events designed to enhance the team experience and our great culture
• Maintain the risk management education portal and notify staff of annual required education
• Update Club job descriptions and job postings as needed
• Assist in 401k and benefit plan administration
• Prepare, distribute, and post birthday, service, and recognition announcements
• Order and maintain an adequate supply of all HR materials such as new hire materials, service pins, celebratory cards, flowers, etc.
• Update and maintain all HR files on the company shared Drive and Manager Resources Drive
• File and organize all HR files within Department of Labor Recordkeeping guidelines. Update the team member bulletin boards and team member common areas so they are engaging and contemporary
• Update, maintain, and prepare for staff events based on the annual HR calendar
• Assist in composing letters, emails, flyers, and newsletters for staff
• Follow-up on all inquiries, phone calls, emails, and correspondence with the utmost professionalism, timeliness, and care
• Prioritize responsibilities and identify situations that require immediate attention
• Various administrative and clerical duties (printing, filing, copying, developing new materials, faxing, scanning, mailing, e-mailing, posting, typing, and formatting documents, database entries, designing PowerPoint presentations, etc.)
• Must be willing to periodically work early mornings and evenings to support staff events and new hire orientation
• Perform other duties and assist with other projects as assigned
• Positive, upbeat, friendly person who enjoys a hospitality environment
• Must have a high level of integrity and understand the importance of confidentiality
• Must be a team player who can develop strong and positive working relationships with all co-workers
• Must be reliable and a self-starter
• Strong organizational, communication, and time-management skills
• Must be detail-oriented and able to handle/prioritize multiple projects
• Must be reliable and work well with high volumes under tight deadlines
• Experience working in hospitality is a plus
• Must be extremely trustworthy and have strong written and verbal communications skills
Education and experience:
• Must be pursuing a career and college degree in Human Resources or a related field
• 1-2 years of customer service experience or hospitality preferred
• Intermediate computer skills, a positive attitude and desire to learn
Computer skills required:
Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel), Canva, and Adobe Acrobat. Knowledge or ability to learn online applications (as an example: ADP Workforce Now, Zoom, and other creative platforms.)
Our team members are a friendly group of professionals! We enjoy a beautiful working environment, free meals, and team member outings & events. We also offer an assortment of medical benefits & perks for eligible team members, including paid time off, free long-term disability insurance, free group life and accidental death & dismemberment insurance, 401(k) match and health savings account contributions from the Club. We have a positive work environment with a dedicated, hardworking, and fun-spirited team.
Candidates must pass a thorough background check and drug screen. We are a drug free workplace.