Editors note: We first published this story on March 8, 2023. It was updated on April 28, 2023 to include details about Club House’s new dinner menu at Pinhouse.
A new watering hole called Club House Kitchen & Cocktails will replace Lulu’s Maryland Style Kitchen & Seafood, which closed earlier this year on Central because of supply chain and staffing issues.
Club House Kitchen & Cocktails is the latest venture for Chet Desai and Ricky Patel, the team that owns PARA, a tapas restaurant in South End.
Why it matters: Desai says he wants to stay true to the neighborhood and preserve its personality. This includes hiring local talent from the area.
- “We want to bring in people that grew up there, or are familiar with the area, or (have) been a part of the area forever,” he said.
Plus, Club House will serves as the kitchen for its neighbor Pinhouse, a self-serve bar with duckpin bowling.
- Desai says he’s still working out the details. But the idea is that you’ll now be able to order Club House food at Pinhouse, which has traditionally relied on food truck food.
What to expect: PARA’s chef Myles Scaglione will design the menus, including “elevated bar food for Pinhouse” and “plays on Southern classic dishes” at Club House.
- Desai says he also hopes to develop a cocktail program at Club House that compares to PARA’s.
- They’ve spoken with local artists about commissioning murals either inside or outside the space.
- The bar will have a range of music, featuring everything from hip-hop to rock to reggae.
What’s next: Desai says the preparations for Club House are happening fast. “It’s probably the quickest I’ve ever done a deal,” he said, explaining that his team usually puts together a plan before settling in. This time, however, he saw an opportunity and is figuring things out as he goes.
- He hopes to open mid-to-late April.
Details: Club House is located at 2308 Central Ave.
- It’ll have similar hours of operation as Pinhouse.
Of note: As of April 28 2023, Club House is operating as the kitchen for Pinhouse and is expected to fully open in May.
- On Wednesday through Sunday, you’ll be able to order Club House food at Pinhouse and have it delivered.
- The Pinhouse menu features elevated bar food, including garlic pretzels, salmon wraps, burgers, poutine, flatbreads and Club House’s prized chicken lollipops (yes, you read that right).