Event Operations Coordinator
Camp North End seeks an Event Operations Coordinator to drive planning processes for in-house programming and third-party event experiences, with a logistics-crushing skillset and a customer-service mindset.
The Event Operations Coordinator will report directly to the Community Manager as a key member of the Community Team. As the point-person for initial legwork related to event planning, they will frequently collaborate across internal departments and liaise with a wide variety of stakeholders including community leaders, event hosts and vendors, Camp tenants, leasing prospects, elected officials, investors, property management partners, and representatives from the public sector.
Camp North End is an adaptive reuse project that will redevelop historic buildings and build new construction across 76 acres over 20 years. When fully developed Camp will boast over 3 million square feet of office, residential, retail, and public space designed with an eye towards helping people and productivity thrive.
Such an ambitious vision requires a diverse team of smart, humble, enthusiastic, hard-working people who bring their talents to bear at every stage of the project’s life cycle. As Camp enters the next phase of its development, with office tenants in occupancy and apartments under construction, strategic programming remains a key tactic for activating the site, building the brand, and nurturing important relationships. Motivated by this bigger picture, the Event Operations Coordinator will play a crucial role on the frontlines.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Respond to inbound special event inquiries via email, phone, and walk-ins
• Manage discovery calls and site visits with prospective clients
• Oversee event booking process including contract execution and deposit collection
• Ensure all events are in compliance with requirements, including insurance, inspections, and permit approvals
• Develop successful events by maintaining operational feasibility, cost-effectiveness, and appropriateness for venue facilities
• Work alongside Community Team event managers to create the best possible experience for the client, occasionally supporting event managers with day-of event execution
• Maintain internal event calendar and promote crystal clear internal communication across departments
• Facilitate weekly BEO meetings to discuss upcoming events with the extended Camp North End team
• Support logistics of broader Community Team efforts, namely special programming for both public enjoyment and Camp North End tenant bonding
• Must be willing to work a flexible schedule which may consist of occasional nights, weekends, and possibly holidays (with advanced notice)
• Other duties as assigned, ranging from choosing a fire playlist to wrangling a loose goat
Requirements and qualifications:
• At least 2 years of experience with venue sales and onsite event management, preferably at a non-traditional event venue
• Self-starter who works well in a team environment, demonstrated ability to collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds
• Builds positive relationships with customers and vendors, effectively anticipates customer needs and goes the extra mile to provide exceptional customer service
• Excellent time management and project management skills
• Excellent analytical, creative-problem solving, critical thinking, and decision-making skills
• Highly organized and detail-oriented, reviews their work carefully
• Ability to effectively present information with strong written and verbal communication skills
• Familiarity with event booking CRMs like Tripleseat and Honeybook
• Familiarity with, or willingness to learn, Asana task management system
• Experience successfully negotiating contracts
• Salary to be determined based on experience, plus discretionary annual bonus
• Medical, 401k
To be considered, please apply by Sunday, March 12th.
Camp North End is a project of ATCO Properties & Management, and the successful applicant would be an ATCO employee based at Camp North End. ATCO is a real estate investment and ownership platform deploying capital in select cities across the United States, with a particular emphasis on creating value through placemaking and other strategies in urban locations. ATCO seeks to improve people’s lives by creating places where they genuinely want to work, play, or live, and by doing our work with a long-term perspective.
Through more than 100 years and four generations, ATCO has owned, managed, and developed a diverse real estate portfolio, primarily in and around New York City and also in select markets we target. ATCO presently owns and manages buildings ranging from high-rise office and residential towers to retail properties, to one-story industrial structures and a mixed-use former military base. The portfolio of New York City properties includes: 555 Fifth Avenue, 40 Central Park South, 41 West 58th Street, 630 Third Avenue, 381 and 373 Park Avenue South, and 515 Madison Avenue. Nationally, the company is developing Camp North End in Charlotte, as well as a series of condominium and retail properties in Austin, TX. Internationally, ATCO has investments in seven European countries.