Experience Specialist, Outreach and Virtual Programs
One of the leading hands-on science museums in the nation, Discovery Place brings science, nature, and design together to create transformative experiences that enable the community to understand, enjoy, and apply science to their lives. Through a network of four museums, Discovery Place Science in Uptown, Discovery Place Nature, Discovery Place Kids Huntersville and Discovery Place Kids Rockingham, plus virtual and in-person learning experiences outside of our Museums, Discovery Place is a leader in STEM education. Discovery Place serves over 750,000 people a year, shaping a future where people embrace science to create opportunities, build hope, solve problems, and bring positive change for our world.
Discovery Place seeks a results-oriented Digital Marketing Manager to join us and lead our SEO, paid search, and paid social campaigns. The ideal candidate will be an extraordinary writer with the ability to craft compelling messages that resonate across multiple platforms – all while helping grow our audience reach.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Collect and analyze data, identify trends, and communicate insights to ensure positive KPIs are met at all Museum locations
• Create a testing plan for maximizing traffic and investment value, and share results with marketing
• Engage readers with compelling, brand-compliant copy that is timely
• Help the Senior Director of Digital Marketing and Sales manage paid search and brand reputation
• Design, implement, and optimize paid social media campaigns across Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and TikTok
• Develop a strong relationship between internal teams in order to ensure Discovery Place’s paid social programs are successful
• Oversee the creation and implementation of an SEO strategy for Discovery Place platforms aimed at increasing Discovery Place rankings for generalized search terms, like “museum nearby.”
• Engage audiences and support key acquisition objectives by collaborating with communication, content, and creative departments
• Leverage technology and software to improve customer engagement and conversion rates
• Keep external agencies and vendors informed of progress so that no initiatives are accidentally dropped
• Any other duties that may be assigned
• Communication and writing skills are essential
• It is essential to be able to manage multiple projects at once
• A keen eye for detail
• A propensity for problem-solving and self-direction
• Ability to work remotely and in the office
• Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• Flexibility in working weekends and evenings depending on workload
• Understanding of social media advertising management portals and campaign building
• Experience with email marketing, especially list segmentation, automation, and list hygiene, is a plus
As of now, we work in a hybrid model. The position requires in-office work several days a week, but there are also opportunities for remote work.
Ability to travel to our four local museums occasionally, with limited other travel.
Employees of Discovery Place should uphold the mission, vision and values of the organization. We create positive change in our communities through our four core values: (1) science leads us, (2) equity drives us, (3) integrity guides us, and (4) innovation energizes us. We value the diversity of opinions and intellectual thought and encourage an environment where employees can share ideas openly.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities of this job. Other duties may be assigned. This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deems necessary.