Charlotte Country Club was founded in 1910 and is located four miles east of uptown Charlotte, in the historic Plaza-Midwood neighborhood. Charlotte Country Club is known as a top 20 private club in the US. The club was also recognized as a Top-50 Platinum Club of the World by the Club Leaders Forum.
Our team is responsible for upholding an “unparalleled country club experience” for our members and their guests through first impressions, kind and attentive service throughout their visit, and always a fond farewell. We focus on personalized service, exercising our ability to create memorable experiences on a daily basis.
Our Event Planners work to deliver first class event services and exceed Member expectations. Our Event Planners give very personalized assistance to our Members by providing a “high-touch experience” that includes helping the host in almost every aspect of their event. Our Event Planners, working as a team with culinary, service and facilities teams, are keenly focused on providing a “five star” personalized and professional service.
With social grace, dedication, creativity, and finely tuned attention to detail, our Event Planning Team plans a variety of banquet functions. Some include wedding ceremonies and receptions, dinner dances, Monday Golf Outings, cocktail receptions, business meetings, celebration dinners, holiday parties, and more. Our Club is a vibrant and busy operation twelve months of the year.
We continue to set ourselves apart for the quality of food, facilities, and service that we provide. We have an excellent culinary team and outstanding leadership team. Our Club strives for a positive work environment for our dedicated, hardworking, fun-spirited team members.
• Assists Members in planning a variety of private events and tracks prospective bookings
• Works with Event Planning Team in developing creative ideas for holidays and club events
• Prepares BEO (Banquet Event Order) sheets, along with diagrams for functions and attends weekly BEO and culinary meetings
• Rotates with Event Planning Team certain departmental administrative tasks per Director of Events
• Collaborates with the Director of Events, Executive Chef, Assistant Managers, and other team members to review the format and details of events
• Proactively communicates accurate, timely information to team members, leadership and Members regarding events
• Greets Members and guests by their name, attends functions to ensure Member and guest satisfaction, and handles Member complaints with appropriate corrective action
• Analyzes Member feedback, comparable club data, and industry research to identify demographic trends and develop creative events accordingly
• Submits accurate revenue and expenses, such as contract and check requests, to Director of Events
• Keeps an accurate history file of each event
• Assists Communications Director with club event marketing materials
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Honest, respectful, empathetic, dedicated, strong work ethic, and a positive attitude
• Must be able to handle a fast-paced, high-end, busy, and sophisticated environment
• Enthusiasm and patience are essential, as well as the ability to effectively deal with stress and conflict
• Excellent time-management skills
• Strong communication skills are crucial in planning flawless and memorable events
• Consistency in following up and following through with Members and teammates is required
• Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
• Our Event Planners are highly motivated and must always want to make every Member experience special
• The desire to learn and improve daily
• Passionate drive to be creative and informed with the latest industry trends
• Microsoft Office proficiency
Hours and schedule:
This is a non-exempt position that works an average of 40 hours per week. Our Event Planners generally work Tuesday through Saturday, including mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed for operations. The weekly work schedule is subject to change based on business needs. Availability on evenings, holidays and weekends is expected of all staff.
Education and experience:
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in event planning required (experience in a private club preferred)
• College degree preferred (hospitality major a plus)
This is a full-time position that provides excellent benefits including medical, prescription, dental, vision, company paid life insurance, 401k, paid time off, complimentary meals and more. After successful completion of a 90-day review, you may be eligible for the Event Planners quarterly incentive program.
Background check and drug test required. We are a drug free workplace.