Eden is a new cocktail lounge opening in the former Peculiar Rabbit spot in Plaza Midwood on Friday, Aug. 11.
Co-owners of Eden, Ronald Blair and Michael Grant, say Eden will be a “versatile experience” with a hybrid bar and lounge.
- Blair and Grant say there’s so much foot traffic in the area during the day that there should be more places that will stay open later to keep people in the neighborhood throughout the night.
What to expect: The three-story venue will have indoor and outdoor seating that they plan to open in phases.
- The first floor will be a lounge with a full bar, a live DJ, fireplaces and an outdoor patio. This level will be the first to open.
- The second floor will be a social club with a full bar, lounge seating and Instagram-able backdrops like a swing.
- The rooftop, which was Peculiar Rabbit’s most popular feature, will open within the next two months.
“Overall every space will look like an oasis paradise from the aesthetic to the food menu,” said Grant.
The menu: Expect locally sourced, small, shareable bites and charcuterie options curated by chef Ricardo Carrasco.
- They will serve four specialty cocktails, premium champagne, wine and beer options. Plus, they’ll offer two shared cocktail options, for up to six people, called the 7 Deadly Sins and the Oasis Punch.
- A boozy brunch menu will be available once the rooftop opens.
The vibe: They plan to incorporate themed events that will cater to everyone’s ideal night out.
- The owners plan to host nights like taco Tuesday, international nights on Wednesday and live music on Thursdays.
- “Diversity is key. We want everyone to feel included,” Grant said.
What’s next: Eden is slated to open at 1212 Pecan Ave., spring 2023.
- The hours of operation will be Tuesday-Friday from 5pm-2am, Saturday from 2pm-2am, Sunday 2pm-11pm, closed Monday.
Take a look around: