Eden is a new cocktail lounge opening in the former Peculiar Rabbit spot in Plaza Midwood.
Co-owners of Eden, Markus Hunter and Michael Grant, say Eden will be a “versatile experience” with a hybrid bar/lounge.
Why it matters: Plaza Midwood is changing quickly, with old favorites closing and new developments taking shape. Hunter and Grant plan to take their nightlife savvy into Plaza Midwood’s new era.
Context: Hunter, who previously owned Recess, tells us there’s so much foot traffic in the area during the day that there should be more places that will stay open later to keep people in the neighborhood throughout the night.
- “This was something that was missing in Plaza because everyone is always heading to South End,” he said.
What to expect: The three-story venue will have indoor and outdoor seating that they plan to open in phases.
- The first floor will be a lounge with a full bar, a live DJ, fireplaces, and an outdoor patio. This level will be the first to open.
- The second floor will be a social club with a full bar, lounge seating and Instagram-able backdrops like a swing.
- The rooftop, which was Peculiar Rabbit’s most popular feature, will open later, in early May.
“Overall every space will look like an oasis paradise from the aesthetic to the food menu,” said Grant.
The menu: Every floor will offer different foods to create a “vibe dining” experience in each individual space.
- The first floor will have small bites and shareable plates.
- The second floor will offer desserts and charcuterie boards.
- And expect a boozy brunch menu on the rooftop.
- They will serve five to seven specialty cocktails, premium champagne, plus wine and beer options.
The vibe: They plan to incorporate themed events that will cater to everyone’s ideal night out.
- They plan to host nights like taco Tuesday, international nights on Wednesday and live music on Thursdays.
- “Diversity is key. We want everyone to feel included,” Grant said.
What’s next: Eden is slated to open at 1212 Pecan Ave., spring 2023.
- The hours of operation will be Tuesday to Friday 5pm-2am, Saturday from 2pm-2am, Sunday 11am-11pm, closed Monday.