Don’t forget about Mother’s Day. Mom brought you into this world and she can take you out. I recommend not getting taken out because there are some cool things happening this weekend.
Eat & Drink
- Food Truck Friday: The special guest this week will be rolling up from Matthews, NC. Mae’s Creole Kitchen is looking to knock your socks off with some Louisiana style catfish, shrimp, and chicken wings. Friday, 5/8; 5-9 pm
- Ass Clown Brewery: Step out of the box this weekend and try some new brews. This brewer specializes in unique flavors from locally sourced ingredients. Check out the flavors. Some sound like desert and others quite refreshing. Friday & Saturday; 12-9 pm
- NoDa Eclectic Marketplace: Walk around behind the Smelly Cat Coffeehouse this Saturday for a good time. The NoDa market has so many cool things to offer. Food, clothes, art, and jewelry. Saturday, 5/9; 10 am-3 pm
- South End Saturday: Now through the end of September, the food truck lot in South End will host a mobile retail market every Saturday with a new theme. This weekend there will be 6 mobile boutique fashion trucks, local vendors, and most importantly food trucks! Saturday, 5/9, 11 am-4 pm
Charlotte:: KASA PREMIERING MAY 9TH “SouthEnd Saturday on the Food Truck Lot, at the corner of Park and Camden in Charlotte, across the street from Phat Burrito and 1/2 block from Price’s Chicken Coop. Take the light rail to the Bland St. stop. Dogs and kids welcome, of course!” For more info: http://southendsaturday.com/ #fashion #fastfashion #fashiongram #fashionblogger #fashionblog #fashiontruck #fashiontrucknc #southendsaturdays #southendsaturday #work #sunglasses #sunnies #sun #beach #beachbum #Charlotte #uptown #noda #foodtrucks #music #CharlotteEvents #PhatBurrito A photo posted by GoShopKasa™ (@goshopkasa) on
- Beer, Bourbon & BBQ: If you like beer, bourbon, and BBQ make sure to check out this festival on Saturday. With live music, 60 beers, 40 bourbons and a lot of BBQ you will surely leave fat and happy. You might even get to meet the famous Jim Tom from Moonshiners. $39; Saturday, 5/9; 12-6 pm
- Big Bottles & Blues – Get all the details here from Ted’s article this past Tuesday. $75; Saturday, 5/9; 6:30 pm
- Purses with a Purpose – Buy gently used purses (all proceeds going to charity). Agenda story here. Sale at the Ballantyne Hotel for the second straight year and they’ll have more than 2,000 purses to sell. Saturday 5/9; line opens at 6am and doors open at 8am
- CLT live music: Looking for concert this weekend? Danny compiled a solid list of this weekend’s live music line up in the CLT Playlist.
- Art events: Check out HappeningsCLT’s list of visual arts events this month.
- Sycamore Saturday Run Club: Run through Historic Dilworth this weekend with Sycamore Brewing Run Club. Afterwards cool down with cold pitcher from the Taproom. Saturday, 5/9; 11:50 am
- Independence Soccer Game: Charlotte Independence will play the Richmond Kickers on Friday for the second time this year. Last time they met, the Kickers had home field advantage. Bring the noise tomorrow night so we can come out on top. Friday, 5/8; 7:30 pm