Tailor / Sewing / Seamstress
Thomas Collection, LLC is a fast-growing Charlotte-based company specializing in custom home décor products, offering a variety of home décor accessories, pillows, faux fur blankets and throws, Sunbrella outdoor cushions, etc. Our products are featured on many online platforms including Amazon, Etsy, Wayfair, and Overstock. Thomas Collection is a family-owned business and we and take great pride in investing in our employees and value work-life balance. Our hard-working team enjoys a creative, energetic, positive, and kind environment. We are passionate about high quality products, and loyal customers. Our Trademark is “Handmade in the USA”.
We are looking for a reliable, personable, and skilled individual who has sewing experience and an eye for quality to work with high-quality materials, cutting and sewing with industrial sewing machines – such as Juki Heavy Duty 5 thread and single thread machines.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Measuring, cutting, and sewing assorted materials for a variety of products, pillows, and blankets, etc.
• Invisible Zipper experience
• Embroidery experience a plus
• Able to complete project from start to finish – meeting quality specifications
• Ability to center and pattern match
• Knowledgeable in sewing methods and able to complete jobs to quality specifications
• Performs and maintains quality work, inspecting projects for consistency
• Minimum 3 years sewing and cutting experience
• Ability to assist with lifting of fabric rolls up to 20lbs when necessary
• English speaking and understanding required for job tickets, notes, and directions
• Positive and professional attitude/communication skills
• Dependable, efficient, and detail-oriented; organized and keeps a clean work area
• Packing, shipping, and related tasks as needed
• United States Work Authorization and Driver’s License
• No Smoking Facility / Background check
Company perks and benefits:
• Full time – 1st Shift Position
• Paid vacation after one year employment
• Paid holidays
• PTO award opportunities
• Employee Discount
• Learning and development environment/resources
• Medical Insurance Assistance
• Annual performance and salary reviews
• Starting pay range is from $17 per hour, based on experience and evaluation.
• Performance and Loyalty bonuses
• Our offices and workroom are in Charlotte NC, 28217 (The South End Design District area)