Textiles Field Service Technician I
Education and experience:
High school diploma or General Education Degree; minimum 2 years experience in a mechanical or electrical field and 1 year of Muratec Spinning/Winding installation experience or equivalent education and experience. Some college preferred.
Under supervision install and service spinning and/or winding systems in a timely manner. Work with customers to ensure customer requirements are met. Communicate with customers and technical department to solve problems.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Under the supervision of a Field Service Technician II, install and maintain Murata spinning and/or winding machines
• Perform precise settings on equipment
• Review lab reports to fully evaluate yarn spun on the machine. Report findings to top management or assigned management of the customer
• Communicate with customers on proper maintenance and operation of the machines
• Advise customers as well as technicians on problems concerning processing yarn
• Oversee customer’s personnel who work with installation/maintenance of Murata spinning/winding systems
• Write reports that fully explain the details of the work
• Submit accurate expense reports and time records on a weekly basis
This position requires up to 100% travel including domestic and international with overnight stays. A valid driver’s license and good driving record are required.
Other skills and abilities:
Must be able to use gauges and tools efficiently. Must be familiar with processes before and after spinning/winding. Computer skills a plus.