CT Supervisor Atrium Health Cabarrus
This position is Sign-on Bonus eligible. Experienced candidates are eligible up to $5,000 for Part Time positions, and up to $10,000 for Full Time positions. In addition to the sign-on bonus, new teammates at Atrium Health are eligible for robust benefits packages, paid time off, and opportunities for career advancement.
Atrium Health Cabarrus is a regional 457-bed, not-for-profit hospital in Concord, NC. More than 4,200 hospital employees provide services through an extensive inpatient and outpatient network, including Jeff Gordon Children’s Center, Hayes Family Center and Batte Cancer Center, part of Atrium Health Levine Cancer Institute
Interested in being considered? Please apply and a member of the Talent acquisition team will be in contact with next steps via email or phone. Feel free to share this opportunity with others that may be interested as well and visit our careers page: https://careers.atriumhealth.org/search/radiology-services/jobs.
Directs and supervises the technical and support staff in the Radiology area. Operates various imaging equipment with a high level of expertise. Troubleshoots sophisticated procedures and develops new techniques for the department. Supervises CT technologists in day-to-day work activities.
• Coordinates and organizes the patient flow throughout the department, prioritizing procedures and shifting workloads as needed
• Supervises sophisticated procedures and ensures patient throughput and departmental efficiencies
• Obtains medications, radiopharmaceuticals, or contrast materials as directed for administration by a licensed practitioner, authorized/certified technologist, or registered nurse
• Teaches new procedures and keeps technical staff informed of procedure changes or developments
• Performs evaluations on technical and support staff
• Provides documentation and reports on equipment/supply needs, physician requests and complaints and routine operational issues
• Ensures physician or patient complaints are handled in a timely manner
• Maintains a high level of technical proficiency and knowledge in regards to system management, advanced applications and current applications of the modalities
• Troubleshoots equipment or procedure problems with appropriate follow-up to service engineers, managers and physicians
• Regulates equipment quality control tests making the needed adjustments for service
Requires frequent stretching, bending, twisting, squatting and kneeling in performing diagnostic procedures. Lifting, pushing, pulling and gripping may be required for positioning and moving patients or equipment. Vision and hearing for distances of at least 20 feet is necessary. May be required to carry up to 25 pounds while moving film jackets, stocking supplies or relocating equipment. 50% of the work time will require standing and 50% of the work time will be operating computers and equipment requiring manual dexterity and the use of hands. Precision manual dexterity is required for venipuncture and precise laboratory or pharmacy procedures.
Education, experience and certifications:
High School Diploma or GED required. Completion of a formal AMA Approved Technology program required. Registry with either the NMTCB or ARRT and previous supervisory experience required. 3 years’ experience with a thorough background in data processing and tomographic applications required. Must have complete knowledge of current technology and direction. Ability to perform in a busy, high-tech setting.