Manager, Proposal Operations
Passport is transforming mobility management for cities, empowering them to create more livable and equitable communities. Passport’s mobility platform enables clients to digitally coordinate all modes of transportation and implement real-time, data-centric management of their curbside and street space through its enterprise software. Trusted by nearly 600 cities, universities and agencies, including Chicago, Toronto, Los Angeles, and Austin.
Passport is one of the fastest growing companies on the Inc. 500 and Deloitte Technology Fast 500 lists. Passport is backed by Bain Capital Ventures, Grotech Ventures, MK Capital, and Relevance Capital. For more information, visit passportinc.com.
The Manager, Proposal Operations is a key role within Passport’s Revenue Operations department, serving as the leader of the Proposal Operations team and owner of the entire bid process and strategy. In this role, you will drive the bid process from start to finish and manage the team responsible for writing each bid. You will also own and regularly improve business processes related to bids in partnership with key departments such as Marketing, Sales, Client Success, Service Delivery, Finance, Product, and Legal. In addition, you will ensure bids align with our company strategy, applying a comprehensive knowledge of Passport offerings and experience in writing influential responses. You will coach and train the team of writers to win new business through bids and retain existing business. This role will utilize strategies and persuasive writing for each bid.
Here’s what you’ll do every day:
• Manage the Passport approach to proposal development and execution; assess, recommend changes to, and fully document the overall proposal process, capture, go/no-go, stock content, internal processes, processes with partners, BAFO approach, and shortlist process based on corporate strategy, market forces, best practices and emerging innovation
• Lead, coach, and develop the Proposal Operations team through employee engagement, development conversations, and frequent feedback
• Establish training modules for the company and the proposal team covering proposal processes, methods, and techniques
• Work directly with the Channel Sales department to build out the process and go-forward plan when working with Channel partners
• Consistently coach team on best practices throughout RFP reviews, proposal compilation, and post-submission analysis as well as quarterly and annual performance reviews
• Lead post-bid submission feedback meetings with customers. Lead bid decision feedback debrief meetings internally to improve the bid process with Proposal Operations team and others involved in the process
• Provide proposal strategy guidance including differentiation and competitive advantage based on data and insights learned from market research and FOIA requests
• Maintain a centralized proposal library for solicitations, responses and debriefings as well as a database of reusable stock content
• Manage all bids, assign writers, manage workload volume, and keep bids on track to be completed on time or early
• Provide final editing and sign-off on persuasive and accurate responses to bids before submittal
• Provide support for writing, template refinement, formatting, and production as needed or required
• Support special projects
You strive to be the best at what you do and can work efficiently in any environment. You pride yourself on creating strong narratives, being persuasive, and being able to communicate concisely. You love leading and coaching a team, partnering with other teams to get the job done, and collaboratively working with teams on better ways to do things. You are thoughtful in your approach to problem-solving and coming up with the best positioning. You are analytical in your approach. You are viewed as a valuable partner and leader by all with whom you work, and you help coach your teammates. Sales people love bringing you into the loop on what’s in their pipelines. You are really good at planning and prioritizing your work, and setting clear expectations with your partners. You have an eagle-eye when it comes to dotting i’s and crossing t’s – nothing gets past your desk without it being 100% error free. You also love ensuring that everything in a proposal matches requirements.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 4+ years’ experience in the procurement proposal environment is required, with responsibilities for supervising proposal staff and managing and preparing proposals
• Experience in Local, State Government and Higher Education RFP proposal development and process strongly preferred
• Demonstrated experience implementing and executing proposal development processes
• Proven track record of consistently delivering and meeting deadlines, prioritizing conflicting deadlines, and managing multiple , complex project simultaneously
• Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and listening) with the ability to work effectively with a variety of stakeholders across multiple functions
• Demonstrated ability to think critically, analytically, and independently
• Strong grammatical skills and exceptional attention to detail
• Ability to lead teams through change, while also learning quickly on the fly and applying learnings to future work efforts
• Can lead through ambiguity with confidence
Passport provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.