After more than 30 years on South Boulevard, The Mad Greek family is expanding to South End and opening a new restaurant called Hellenic on Monday, Feb. 6.
“We both had full careers before this,” Amelia Limberakis, the daughter of The Mad Greek owner and co-owner of Hellenic, said, pointing to her brother Peyton.
Why it matters: The siblings quite literally grew up in the restaurant industry. “I was born November 22, 1991, The Mad Greek opened October 31, 1991,” Peyton said.
- Amelia, who was previously an emergency room nurse, and Peyton who worked in insurance and banking, say they want to continue the legacy of The Mad Greek. The restaurant isn’t going away any time soon, though, the siblings add.
What to expect: The 2,000-square-foot restaurant seats about 60 people inside and 12-18 people on the covered outside patio.
- “It’s going to be a nice place to go if you want Greek food for a date night or a night out,” Amelia said.
- There will be free parking available at the attached parking deck behind the restaurant — something that’s very limited in South End.
The menu: Expect traditional Greek food with a modern twist. It’ll have gyros and spanakopita as well as plenty of shareable plates, salads and bowls.
- The restaurant will have a full bar with Greek beer on tap, as well as an extensive Greek wine menu.
- For dessert, they’ll have homemade baklava sundaes, loukoumades (greek fried honey doughy balls) and Greek yogurt parfaits, to name a few.
Details: Hellenic is located at 1436 South Blvd., in the former Crispy Crepe spot.
- The hours of operation are 11am-9pm Sunday-Thursday and 11am-10pm Friday-Saturday.
Of note: The restaurant will only be open for dinner on its opening date. You can make a reservation by emailing [email protected] or calling (704) 620-7882.
- They’re still hiring for several positions, including servers, dishwashers, bartenders and cooks, you can reach out via email to apply.