Education and experience:
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university in Accounting, Finance or related field; 2-4 years related experience and/or training in accounting; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Provides general accounting support for sales taxes, fixed assets, depreciation, and account reconciliations.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Responsible for sales tax reporting and rate updating
• Research taxability of various transactions by State
• Maintain fixed asset program including property tax
• Prepare journal entries related to depreciation and disposals, sales & use tax and privilege tax, property tax, and payroll
• Perform account reconciliations for cash and other financial accounts
• Prepare sales and dealer commissions
• Provides outside auditors with assistance, gathers necessary account information and documents to support annual audit
• Maintains knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures
• File State and Government Reports
• Performs other general accounting duties as required
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Other skills and abilities:
Ability to learn tax for preparation and compliance of various States. Working knowledge of Microsoft Great Plains, Microsoft Office, advanced Excel skills are required. Excellent organizational skills, self-sufficient and effective time management skills are a must.