Senior Accounting Manager
Educations and experience:
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration from four-year College or university, Masters degree is preferred. 10+ years of accounting experience in a manufacturing or related field and 3 years of supervisory experience are required. Technical accounting background, with a strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license is required.
Responsible for maintaining the financial wellness and integrity of the organization while adhering to accounting and reporting policies. Review and analyze finances, work with all facets of the business to improve decision making through analytics, partnering with key associates in analyzing sales/financial data, provide recommendations to improve profitability and process improvements, and organize and automate data reporting related to operational and financial analysis for the organization. Responsible for overseeing certain contracts as it related to financial reporting and maintaining internal controls over financial transactions.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• In collaboration with General Managers and other key staff, prepare and analyze yearly budgets and monthly forecasts
• Safeguard assets and assure accurate and timely recording of all transactions by maintaining disciplines of financial controls and checks across all departments
• Manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities for invoicing/billing, customer credits and collections, and perpetual inventory
• Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial reporting to Parent Company (MML) for International Entities
• Manage completion of year end audit performed by an independent accounting firm
• Develop, improve and issue timely monthly financial records for Director of Finance, President and Parent Company (MML)
• Provide financial analysis tools to evaluate company ventures or special projects, programs, capital expenditures, products costing, etc.
• Evaluate, design, and implement process improvements in the Account Department for productivity improvements
• Prepare and manage supporting documents for federal, state and foreign tax filings
• Support the preparation of consolidated financial statements and footnote disclosures
• Manage and provide oversite for cost accounting activities associated with Labor, Overhead and Inventory
• Prepare miscellaneous journal entries and perform account reconciliations as needed
Ability to read and interpret long term manufacturing-oriented customer contracts. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with employees and managers.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as sales tax, discounts, interest, payroll, budget, statistical analysis, commissions, proportions, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Other skills and abilities:
• Medium to Expert level of knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office Excel and Word
• Knowledge of Project Accounting and Percentage of Completion Revenue recognition
• Experience in Report Writing software
• Dynamics Great Plains Software experience desired
• Ability to work with various computer software applicable to accounting and inventory/materials functions (Great Plains, Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and WennSoft)
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple deadlines constantly
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions