Culinary Summer Internship
Charlotte Country Club was founded in 1910 and is located four miles east of uptown Charlotte, in the historic Plaza-Midwood neighborhood. Charlotte Country Club is known as a top 20 private club in the US. The club was also recognized as a Top-50 Platinum Club of the World by the Club Leaders Forum.
Our team is responsible for upholding an “unparalleled country club experience” for our members and their guests through first impressions, kind and attentive service throughout their visit, and always a fond farewell. We focus on personalized service, exercising our ability to create memorable experiences on a daily basis.
May – August 2023
Culinary Art Interns learn to prepare food for banquets, a la carte dining and seasonal dining outlets. They also receive an introduction to pastry. Interns rotate through the Club’s three kitchens and the pastry kitchen, progressing through the various kitchen positions. The program is designed to prepare for a career path of becoming a chef in the club industry. Great opportunity to learn from Michelin Star Executive Chef, Laurent Pillard!
Charlotte Country Club makes an effort to expose our interns to as many different types of Club events as possible. Interns will be involved with formal and casual dining and will work with weddings, business functions, cocktail receptions, committee meetings. Interns will complete a rotation with all of our culinary departments including:
• Banquet Prep
• Menu Creation
• Pool Snack Bar
• Line Cook
• Purchasing and Inventory
Examples of duties:
• Preps and cooks for our dining rooms or for our parties and special events
• Operates food production equipment according to manufacturers’ instructions
• Carefully follows standard recipes while preparing assigned items for banquet service
• Assists in plating food items
• Cleans preparation/serving equipment and workstation areas
• Consistently uses safe and sanitary food handling practices
• Maintains cleanliness, safety, inventory, and the highest quality at all times
• Always provide first-class service to our Members and co-workers through culinary excellence and teamwork
• Must be able to lift 35 lbs., stand for long periods of time, and climb stairs daily
• Ability to bend and lift frequently
• May encounter temperatures ranging from 32 degrees to 425 degrees around equipment
• Enrolled in a four-year Culinary Arts program
• A team spirit and positive attitude is a must
• Knowledge of and ability to prepare, cook and serve meals
• Knowledge of proper nutrition, sanitation and safety laws and standards
• Must be able to read, write and speak in English
This is a full-time (typically 35-40 hours a week) seasonal position. Mostly evening and weekend work is required but will need to be available for daytime shifts and holidays.
Pay range and perks:
Hourly pay rate and free lunch/dinner during shifts.
Candidates must pass a thorough background check. We are a drug free workplace.